Yard Driver - Friday-Saturday-Sunday 11am-1130pm
Job Ref#: 8476
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
1275 Barrow Industrial Pkwy,
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for operating a yard tractor to move semi-trailers in and out of loading docks and around the Winder Distribution Campus. Additionally, this position will assist Distribution Associates with daily Receiving, Picking, Shipping, and Put Away activities as needed.
- Operateyard tractor equipment safely so as to prevent injury to oneself and to others in and between the Winder Distribution Campus as well as ensure no property damage occurs to docks, fences, gates, other vehicles, etc.
- Maneuvertrailers safely in and out of docks on the Winder Distribution Campus to prevent injury to oneself or others, particularly lift truck drivers.
- Ensurethat correct trailers are spotted into correct dock doors for loading.
- Ensurethat trailers are clean and free of debris before placing at dock, and floor boards are in safe condition after docking.
- Ensurethat trailers are chocked properly to ensure safe forklift operation conditions in the trailers.
- Ensurecargo is loaded appropriately for safe transit and trailers are sealed.
- Ensuretrailers are not pulled away from docks until properly cleared by Management for removal.
- Inspect, reportand repairmaintenance, cleanliness, safety malfunctions or damage of equipment under Winder Distribution Campus control.
- Performmiscellaneous service duties on equipment on a daily basis such as oil level checks, tire pressure, fuel supply, general cleanliness, etc. and required tractor pre-trip safety inspections.
- Completeappropriate work records indicating compliance with all required regulations such as Hours of Service Regulations, shipment paperwork, etc.
- NotifiyWinder Distribution Campus Management of yard conditions requiring necessary action such as snow removal, sweeping, sanding, etc.
- Performyard check of all trailers in drop yards and docks.
- Understandand prepare fuel reports.
- Ensureproper fueling of yard tractor equipment, as needed, along with reporting and clean-up of any fuel spills.
- Receiveand stockinbound merchandise from vendors, meeting or exceeding productivity standards.
- Providesuggestions on improving operational flows.
- Operateelectric pallet jacks; stand up reach trucks, order pickers, dock stockers and other manual equipment when assigned.
- Pick, Packand Shiporders accurately within scheduled time frame.
- Inspectincoming or returned merchandise.
- Followcompany housekeeping and safety standards.
- Performphysical inventory twice a year (minimum).
- Maintainan acceptable level of attendance.
- Performany other distribution duties and responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED
- Class A CDL
- Successful completion of company drug screen and MVA screen
- Minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor/trailer experience
- Dependable, reliable and dedicated to customer satisfaction
- Ability towork flexible hours and days
- Ability to learn to operate all powered industrial trucks
- Ability to learn all distribution processes
- Ability to positively contribute to a team environment
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.