White House I Black Market Merchandising Intern
Job Ref#: 7172
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
During the paid internship program, students enjoy the unique opportunity to apply formal coursework in a career setting and gain greater insight into the many roles of professionals within the fashion retail industry. Interns also become familiar with the overall Chico's FAS business, operations, and assist with company projects.
MERCHANDISING INTERN PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Experience various stages of the lifecycle of a garment from start to finish. Participate in milestone meetings
- Work with merchant, planning & design partners to build and execute merchandising & financial strategies for the department(s)
- Participate in reading and reacting to business. Experiencing weekly business meetings, Monthly Best Sellers meeting, Monthly MBR meetings
- Learn & understand the tactical business needs of an assistant merchant including: sample management, Digital Site management, PO management & attributing, creation & maintenance of on order product
DESIGN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising from an accredited college or university. Rising college seniors preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative
- Previous internship or work experience; retail experience preferred
- Enthusiasm for fashion retail and interest in learning about the Chico's FAS family of brands and operations
- Embody Chico's FAS Values & Guiding Principles
- Customer service oriented: "We are committed to providing the Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers and to each other."
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
Internships will be in both the Chico's and White House I Black Market brands.
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.