Driver, Yard Jockey Fri-Sun 6:00am-6:30pmBrand: Distribution Center (DC)
This position will be responsible for operating a yard tractor to move semi-trailers in and out of loading docks and around the Winder Distribution Campus. Additional, this position will assist Distribution Associates with daily Receiving, Picking, Shipping, and Put Away activities as needed.
- Operates yard tractor equipment safely so as to prevent injury to oneself and to others in and between the Winder Distribution Campus as well as ensure no property damage occurs to docks, fences, gates, other vehicles, etc.
- Maneuvers trailers safely in and out of docks Winder Distribution Campus to prevent injury to oneself or others, particularly lift truck drivers.
- Ensures that correct trailers are spotted into correct dock doors for loading.
- Ensures that trailers are clean and free of debris before placing at dock, and floor boards are in safe condition after docking.
- Ensures that trailers are locked properly to ensure safe forklift operation conditions in the trailers.
- Ensures cargo is loaded appropriately for safe transit and trailers are sealed.
- Ensures trailers are not pulled away from docks until properly cleared by Management for removal.
- Inspects, reports and repairs maintenance, cleanliness, safety malfunctions or damage of equipment under Winder Distribution Campus control.
- Performs miscellaneous service duties on equipment on a daily basis such as oil level checks, tire pressure, fuel supply, general cleanliness, etc. and required tractor pre-trip safety inspections.
- Completes appropriate work records indicating compliance with all required regulations such as Hours of Service Regulations, shipment paperwork, etc.
- Notifies Winder Distribution Campus Management of yard conditions requiring necessary action such as snow removal, sweeping, sanding, etc.
- Performs yard check of all trailers in drop yards and docks.
- Understands and prepares Fuel report.
- Ensures proper fueling of yard tractor equipment as needed along with reporting and clean up of any fuel spills.
- Receives and stocks inbound merchandise from vendors, meeting or exceeding productivity standards
- Provides suggestions on improving operational flows
- Operates electric pallet jacks; stand up reach trucks, order pickers, dock stockers and other manual equipment when assigned.
- Picks, Packs and Ships orders accurately within scheduled time frame
- Inspects incoming or returned merchandise
- Follows company housekeeping and safety standards
- Performs physical inventory twice a year (minimum)
- Maintains an acceptable level of attendance
- Class A CDL.
- Successful completion of Company drug screen and MVA screen.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor/trailer experience required.
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Dependable, reliable and dedicated to customer satisfaction
- Ability to learn to operate all powered industrial trucks
- Ability to learn all distribution processes
- Ability to positively contribute to a team environment
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.