VP, Raw Materials and ColorBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
This position is primarily responsible for serving as the strategic leader behind the raw materials and color departments; guiding the research, development, and sourcing of fabrics that are trend, customer and brand right, while working within lead-time parameters and maintaining pricing structure. Leads efforts to support FAS strategy of leveraging the combined purchasing power and developing relationships with material suppliers who can meet multiple objections of: right fashion/innovation, price/value, quality/color, and delivery speed/reliability.
- Leads all Fabric Sourcing strategies.
- Directs global supplier/mill relationships to insure bulk fabric color quality and delivery requirements are met.
- Directs the research and development of new materials ensuring fabrications (fabric and trim) are in accordance with brand aesthetic, lead-time and cost strategy. Travels globally to ensure Chico's FAS has access to the leading edge, fashion right materials.
- Directs the cost reduction initiatives to meet corporate goals and drive process improvements. Identifies and implements strategies for streamlined workload in partnership with Sourcing, Suppliers and overseas offices.
- Leads and drives the research for seasonal fashion fabric trends to Design and Merchandising teams (including new technical innovation). Interprets design concepts to provide commercially viable fabrics. Defines, drives, and executes a seasonal fabric strategy. Keeps Chico's FAS on the cutting edge from a standpoint of fabric fashion and innovation.
- Leads the development of new sources of supply in new Countries of Origin. Evaluates new suppliers and evaluates their capability in partnership with cross functional partners. Ensures clarity of working expectations and quality standards.
- Develops and maintains performance and workload reporting necessary to support the Brands.
- Leads the development of core fabrics and yarns on a seasonal basis. Attends key Brand meetings as needed to drive fabric strategies and represent Fabric Team.
- Consistently partners with Design and Merchandising teams and vendors on fabric research and development related issues. Partners with Color Team, Textile Technology, Product Development and Production to support on-time delivery of first quality goods that meet margin requirements.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with mills and vendors for immediate need resolution and future development opportunities. Leads on-boarding efforts with new mills and vendors.
- Leads a Team to ensure Brands are proactively and effectively supported.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field
- 12-15 years experience in managing global fabric research and development within the apparel industry
- In depth technical knowledge in relation to weaving, printing, dyeing, finishing, treatments and washing techniques as well as mill capabilities
- Ability to drive processes with cross functional team members
- In depth knowledge of woven fabric constructions across a broad spectrum of fabric qualities, including denim
- Exceptional trend forecasting ability
- Excellent taste level and eye for quality
- Detail oriented with strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office programs
- Management experience a plus
- Ability to travel regularly domestically and overseas
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.