VP Merchandising - Soma
Brand: Soma Intimates
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
We are looking for an amazing merchant leader with experience and a passion for the intimates business.
Soma's mission is to empower all women with curated and exclusive solutions that balance, fit, form, and function - if this resonates with you AND you'd like to work for one of the 2019 Women in Retail, read on!
This position is responsible and accountable for driving financial results. Provides inspiring, visionary, growth oriented leadership, while at the same time focuses on the synergies and cost efficiencies to be found by utilizing the shared service organization.
Utilizes appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company's return on inventory investment and space in stores. Develops and implements strategies, analysis and appropriate reaction to sales trend in order to maximize business.
- Drives operational excellence in merchandising.
- Develops and leads the omni merchandising strategy that supports both brand and corporate strategic imperatives.
- Leads and guides omni product architecture, building into a line plan that supports the business goals in partnership with merchants and planners.
- Effectively manages the selection of merchandise; ensuring product assortment is balanced, inspiring, and meets profitability goals.
- Partners with design on key product trends and aesthetic direction of future collections.
- Collaborates with planning on financial plans that align with the trend of the business and omni merchandising strategies.
- Ensures timely communication to sourcing, raw materials, and technical design partners to ensure calendar targets, financial metrics, and consumer insights are achieved.
- Collaborates with AIMS to identify and validate whitespace opportunities and support strategies with customer insight.
- Communicates omni merchandising strategies with digital, marketing, creative, and visual teams to ensure all customer-facing efforts supports strategy.
- Fosters a culture of high performance, trust and passion. Drives innovation and forward thinking.
- Clearly articulates and executes an aggressive retail growth strategy, with direct involvement from new market research.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 12-14 years of experience in Merchandising or Buying at the DMM/GMM level for a progressive national apparel retailer with multiple store locations - intimates experience is a must
- Strong senior leadership skills with the ability to communicate up and down an organization
- Candidate will have a track record of general management for a business; strong preference for an executive who has presided over a multi-channel operation, including e-commerce
- Demonstrated ability to significantly grow a business or division while remaining on-brand, and on -trend
- Ability to provide insight on proprietary product and the build out of product from an internal product development/sourcing & Design team
- Excellent communication skills; effective communicator with a strong intellect and ability to connect with others on a professional level to ensure performance and results
- Ability to clearly articulate and execute on a strategic plan for growth and brand expansion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, Chico's has corporate job opportunities in Fort Myers, FL for talented professionals to join our team of retail associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Merchandising Jobs in Corporate at Chico's can include:
Associate Merchant - Team members in this merchandising job support the Merchant Team through a variety of daily tasks including order writing, business analysis, presentations, product review and vendor meetings.
With hundreds of boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. Apply online today for Merchandising jobs at Chico's.