This position is tasked with taking the raw footage shot by a film crew and turning it into the final product. This means following an outline, script or shot list and assembling the footage into one cohesive video or film. It is the responsibility of the Video Editor to review all the footage and create the best output by cutting and connecting various footage, adding sound effects and graphics and fine-tuning the completed video or film. The format of the video will need to be understood prior to edit – will it live on site, in-grids, paid social or organic social.
This role will be responsible for creating content consisting of video and stills across all digital touchpoints where video and or still paid assets may be needed. Must be highly skilled in after-effects and/or video editing software.
- Has the creative ability to convey compelling storytelling.
- Well-informed in terms of cameras, video compression, asset management (files to/from Director Photography other designers/specifically for graphics/type) - motion graphics for titles and supers, logo animations, motion-tracked text, design and compositing.
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and adding voice-overs.
- Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file.
- Maintains and develops brand guidelines and specs in partnership with creative directors as the brands evolve.
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring and faulty footage.
- Ability to adjust format or slice edit for paid asset channel (length and format will vary based upon platform that the asset will be highlighted in.
- Partners with each brand creative director to ensure the specific brand vision is brought to life through all video + social seasonal content that is created.
- Has the skill set to capture BTS/i-phone quality video and content that could support layers of campaigns from an internal vantage point.
- Creates, schedules, and posts content to our social media channels.
- Collaborates with channel marketing partners across site, social, brand and corporate to bring to life campaign, brand and corporate-supporting content.
- May support paid and non-paid media campaign content development and execution.
- Partners with brands & digital creative teams across site, paid and organic social to support business strategies as well as brand-level initiatives.
- Manages a schedule to support all 3 brands to develop needed content on a seasonal and monthly level.
- Supports corporate creative brand initiatives across digital, print and social
- Has ability to organize projects, estimate time, prioritize deadlines and build strong partnerships.
Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience
- Must be highly skilled in Final Cut and or after-effects and ADOBE suite: InDesign, Illustrator and photoshop
- Experience with fashion industry
- Has proactive and resourceful attitude, can independently take initiatives and leadership
- Has strong and clear communication and presentation skills to leadership level audiencesFlexibility, good judgment, and attention to detail a must
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.