This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that Brand quality fit, desiredappearance, and quality construction standards are met and maintained forassigned product. Works closely with Technical Design leader to enhance andevolve processes and procedures as business evolves; broaden technicalknowledge and expertise, while continually striving to elevate the quality ofthe product. . Participates in meeting departmental goals. Ensures Brandintegrity throughout fit development process while keeping customer in mind.
- Leads weekly fit sessions. Collaborate with designers and merchants to translate fit and aesthetic details.
- Makes appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams and supervisor on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve fit, balance, and overall quality of the garment.
- Maintains fit consistency for product area. Ensure standard grade rules are applied to each garment.
- Executes tech packs from Development to PP of assigned departments and additionalproduct classifications as directed.
- Ensures Product Lifecycle Calendar dates are met for Development and Garment Fit Approval.
- Attends weekly cross functional team meetings rising up any issues that pertain to vendor, quality, and/or timeline concerns.
- Communicates to vendor partners on daily basis to maintain deadlines and problem solve fit and/or quality issues.
- Supports Senior Technical Designer, Manager and/or Director on department goalsand department process updates.
- May train new associates in the technical design responsibilities and process cycle.
- May coach team members by evaluating team process on a regular basis,recommend and implement improvements, as needed.
This role impacts:
· Culture Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High
· Manages Complexity Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
· Plans and Aligns Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
· Organizational Savvy Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
· Courage Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Preferably in Fashion Design or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in the apparel Industry including patternmaking experience with full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Detail oriented with ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of grading skills, pattern making, fit, balance, garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
- Block/sloper use and development experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GoogleShare required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suiterequired.
- Working knowledge of Web based applications, i.e. FLEM PLM or comparable software required.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.