Technical Designer - IntimatesBrand: Soma Intimates
Category: Apparel Technical Designer
If you have Intimates experience, please read on! It is an exciting time to join the Soma team and we look forward to sharing more!
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that quality fit, desired appearance, and company quality standards are met and maintained, including managing all aspects of technical garment specification development and technical fit comment as appropriate by Brand. Works closely with Senior/Manager Technical Design to enhance and evolve processes and procedures as business evolves; broaden technical knowledge and expertise, while continually striving to elevate the quality of the product.
- Collaborate with designers and merchants to determine fit and aesthetic details.
- Utilize software, digital photos, and technical sketches as a tool of communicating to global vendor partners.
- Conduct weekly production fittings and attend weekly calendar meetings to gain cross functional alignment as needed.
- Approve fit, and construction of garments within the development and production timelines, under the direction of design and merchandising teams. Issues standard grade rules in preparation for bulk production.
- Interface with Product Development & Design and Sourcing teams to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve fit, balance, and overall quality of the garment.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in the apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Extensive knowledge in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit.
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (preferred experience with computer pattern programs)
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.