Team Lead, Distribution - 1st Shift
Job Ref#: 8005
Brand: Distribution Center (DC)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Team Lead, Distribution Center
This position is responsible for coordinating activities of associates in distribution processes. Monitors associates performance and will coach for improvement in the areas of productivity, quality, safety, and attendance. Supports and communicates training and development initiatives, policies, procedures and company values to ensure a positive, supportive and productive work environment. May also adjust work assignments of distribution associates as well as perform those job tasks.
- Assists supervisor with setting up daily/weekly work assignments for staff.
- Ensures productivity standards are met.
- Communicates personal and team KPI’s and distribution goals.
- Makes recommendations to improve operational flows.
- Reassigns staff throughout the day.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Provides feedback through side-by-side coaching and on-the-job training.
- Provides information regarding associate performance and concerns to supervisor for appropriate evaluation and action.
- Communicates with other leads to ensure a consistent team environment is maintained.
- Maintains company housekeeping and safety standards throughout the day.
- Maintains key numbers information and assigned report maintenance for Supervisor and Management reports.
- Maintains an organized work area and ensurethat all security and safety procedures are followed.
- Identifiescritical distribution issues and reportthem to the proper business partners.
- Administers motivational programs that include incentives, contests and team performance programs. Communicates personal and team KPI’s and distribution goals.
- Participates in the interviewprocess and make hiring recommendations.
- Addresses human resources issues, such as attendance; identifybehaviors and actions that require disciplinary action and consultManagement and/or HR for guidance as needed.
High School Diploma or GED
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, expediting and self motivation skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of a WMS and be able to resolve problems and answer associate questions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet business needs, including nights
- 1+ yearleadership experience
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.