The Support Cashier is responsible for performing various functions that support the sales operations of the stores which will consist of primarily POS transactions but could also include merchandise handling, stock processing, and stockroom organization. Receives, stores, and replenishes sales floor merchandise and stocks merchandise. May periodically work sales floor.
1. Performs various sales and register transactions including ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments and counting money.
2. Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
3. Participates in pricing changes and mark-downs; presents merchandise according to pricing and visual standards and direction.
4. Greets and assists customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner; resolves customer questions/concerns to their satisfaction. Resolve customer questions/concerns to their satisfaction; keeps abreast of guiding principles and POS system changes.
5. Processes freight ensuring items are properly stored, ticketed and easily located for replenishment for the sales floor, reorganizes merchandise as needed to maximize stock space.
7. Correctly enters all receiving documents into the computer system, reconciles merchandise invoices to items received as applicable. Accurately and timely completes store-to-store transfers and Locate requests.
8. Ensures the visual packet materials, props and signage are received and processed in a timely manner, properly stores stockroom hardware, hangers, sign holders, etc.
9. Other duties as assigned/required.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Previous stock or cashier experience preferred
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
7. Must be able to work the majority of the shift standing
8. Ability to work quickly and within strict timelines
9. Ability to demonstrate teamwork
10. Exposure to visual merchandising and product placement techniques desired
11. Communicate with customers, Associates, and Management; wear / communicate with headset; stand and maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; operate register; lift and carry 30 pounds; hang / fold merchandise; climb, reach, push / pull, and clean
12. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
Cashier Jobs in West County Center at Chico's
As a Cashier, you can grow your career in a variety of ways at Chico's FAS, Inc. Because we have three brands and hundreds of boutiques across the U.S. and Canada, we are able to leverage talent across the enterprise and throughout North America.
Cashier Jobs in West County Center at Chico's can include:
Support Cashier - Team members in this cashier job perform various functions that support the sales operations of the stores which will consist of primarily POS transactions but could also include merchandise handling, stock processing, and stockroom organization.
With hundreds of boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. Apply online today for Cashier Jobs in West County Center at Chico's.
At Chico's, there is no such thing as a typical career path, and we encourage everyone in a Cashier role to take advantage of the many opportunities that exist. Apply online today for Cashier Jobs in West County Center at Chico's.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.