Chico's - DC Supervisor Needed 2 shifts available, People centric, coach associates to success Fri-Sun 6am-6:30pmBrand: Distribution Center (DC)
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities and work performance of assigned distribution staff to meet established standards and goals for safety, productivity (goods received and shipped), and quality.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of team members and communicate feedback regarding job performance and expectations in a timely manner.
- Assist in the design and development of distribution processes which include quality, safety, cost reduction and operations to facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Participate in root cause analysis to identify problems and recommend changes
- Monitors production standards and develops programs to improve operational throughput
- Assists in training team members on distribution processes and equipment
- Participates on distribution project teams acting as co-facilitator or facilitator.
- May act as a project manager on assigned projects.
- Ensure department, facility, systems and company procedures are followed consistently.
- Support cross-functional work group efforts to continuously improve work processes.
- Conduct daily department meetings to include safety updates.
- Conduct weekly safety audits to minimize risks of work related injuries and illnesses as associated costs.
- Conduct daily beginning of shift meetings and ergonomic exercises to communicate pertinent information regarding production goals, safety, quality, career opportunity postings, and other information relevant to associates and their job performance.
- Inspect physical condition of equipment and work area and address any concerns.
- Generate and maintain essential management reports.
- Maintain timekeeping systems on a daily basis, addressing any attendance concerns under Attendance Guidelines.
- Ensure department supplies are adequate.
- Know and follow Chico's Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) plan and procedures as related to the department.
- Perform additional job related tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Three to five years of experience working in a lead or supervisor role in distribution or warehouse environment.
- Excellent communication skills; including written, oral, training and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and direct the activities of many.
- Excellent time management, organizational, planning, expediting and proactive skills.
- Past experience working with a WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) and Microsoft Office applications (EXCEL and WORD). PkMS experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent delegation and follow up and customer service skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS PER SHIFT:
- Frequent Sitting -- 34-66%
- Occasional Standing -- 1-33%
- Occasional Pushing/Pulling -- 1-33%
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs -- 1-33%
- Occasional Climbing -- 1-33%
- Occasional Driving -- 1-33%
- Frequent Walking -- 34-66%
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.