Supervisor in DC, People centric, coach associates to successBrand: Distribution Center (DC)
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities and work performance of assigned distribution staff to meet established standards and goals for safety, productivity (goods received and shipped), and quality.
1. Supervise the activities and work performance of an assigned staff.
2. Ensure department, facility, systems and company procedures are followed consistently.
3. Establish and ensure appropriate on-the-job and safety training for staff.
4. Establish performance objectives, assign work, monitor and communicate performance results.
5. Coach and develop associates in job related skills through work assignments, direct training and feedback.
6. Monitor distribution processes and make recommendations for process improvements.
7. Support cross-functional work group efforts to continuously improve work processes.
8. Conduct daily department meetings to include safety updates.
9. Conduct weekly safety audits to minimize risks of work related injuries and illnesses as associated costs.
10. Conduct daily beginning of shift meetings and ergonomic exercises to communicate pertinent information regarding production goals, safety, quality, career opportunity postings, and other information relevant to associates and their job performance.
11. Inspect physical condition of equipment and work area and address any concerns.
12. Generate and maintain essential management reports.
13. Maintain Etime (electronic pay system) on a daily basis, addressing any attendance concerns under Attendance Guidelines.
14. Ensure department supplies are adequate.
15. Know and follow Chico's Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) plan and procedures as related to the department.
16. Perform additional job related tasks as requested.
1. Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred with 5+ years of supervisory experience.
2. Three to five years of experience working in a lead or supervisor role in distribution or warehouse environment.
3. Excellent communication skills; including written, oral, training and presentation skills.
4. Strong analytical skills
5. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and direct the activities of many.
6. Excellent time management, organizational, planning, expediting and proactive skills.
7. Past experience working with a WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) and Microsoft Office applications (EXCEL and WORD). PkMS experience is a plus.
8. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
9. Excellent delegation and follow up and customer service skills.
* Constant Standing -- 67%-100% of 8-Hour Shift
* Frequent Bending -- 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Pushing/Pulling -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Climbing -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Driving -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Constant Handling/Grasping- 67-100% of 8-Hour Shift
* Frequent Fingering -- 67-100% of 8-Hour Shift
* Frequent Walking -- 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Sitting -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Kneeling -- 1-3% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Twisting Cervical/Torso -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.