Join our chic team, dedicated to a styling and social experience that inspires women to express their individuality.
The Store Manager is primarily responsible for promoting a customer and product-focused sales culture where our values and guiding principles are at the forefront of all store operations, including managing sales operations, asset protection, and human resources functions to ensure great customer experience and maximum profitability. We love what we do, and believe that with our teams, we are the most amazing place to work, learn, and grow!
- Analyzes sales reports and KPIs to determine the needs of the business; executes in store business and sales strategies.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations, holding store team and themselves accountable for achieving all brand, performance, and behavior standards.
- Controls payroll and supply budget.
- Performs and oversees basic operational activities such as scheduling, target shrink audits, physical inventory, opening and closing duties, time sheet review and payroll accuracy documents, and merchandise flow processes.
- Oversees all financial activities in accordance with policy, including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling; trains and coaches associates to ensure all register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention policies, operating procedures and controls; conducts associate training to reinforce proper controls.
- Administers all operational process including inventory receipt/dispatch, daily replenishment of floor merchandise levels, and execution and preparation of physical inventories.
- Ensures visual presentation, organization, and facility maintenance are representative of the Brand.
- Develops a high-performance culture, motivating sales team to meet assigned sales and productivity goals.
- Trains and develops store management team on business acumen to drive overall performance.
- Trains and coaches to ensure selling team is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge on line and in store.
- Trains, coaches and assists with locate fulfillment and selling.
Building High Performing Teams
- Motivates and inspires store team, developing a shared vision while modeling core values.
- Promotes an inclusive, collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Communicates with and coaches store teams and acts as liaison to field leadership and cross functional business partnerships to effectively lead positive change.
- Seeks personal developmental opportunities and readily solicits feedback to build leadership skill set.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Models, teaches, and promotes the Most Amazing Personal Service (MAPS) principles and standards, offering a cohesive omni channel experience.
- Ensures prompt resolution of customer concerns.
- Ensures a fast and efficient register experience, remaining current on policies regarding payments, coupon acceptance, returns and exchanges, security practices and other applicable operations.
- Ensures team maintains consistent client communication through utilization of customer book, rewards program participation, and customer capture sign up.
- Attracts, recruits, hires and retains a high performing team.
- Focuses on developing talent by conducting ongoing talent development discussions.
- Recommends changes of status of associates, including promotions, demotions, and terminations.
- Interprets Key Performance Indicator reports and delivers coaching as needed.
- Supports, implements, and provides follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc.
- Assesses and coaches Store Team on performance and provides performance evaluations.
- In partnership with the DSM, resolves all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Drives associate and team engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensures that Store Management team adheres to all employment practices and policies.
Other duties as assigned.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of retail management experience required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales and leadership
- Able to learn or adapt to technology provided by the company
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Established history in recruiting and retaining a quality sales and support staff
- General knowledge of apparel products (i.e., fit and fabric)
- Excellent leadership qualities, training and team building skills
- Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
- Able to communicate with customers and staff
- Solid evidence of community outreach and involvement. Understands the value in supporting the community
- Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
- Constant Walking/Standing- 67-100% of 8-hour shift
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.- 1-33% of 8-hour shift
- Frequent Climbing- 34%-66% of 8-hour shift
Due to our growth, we are always accepting applications for top talent to join our store teams. When we do have an open position, we will review your application to determine if your qualifications are a match with our position requirements. You may apply to any location or position at any time; however, the position to which you apply may not currently be open. Accommodation is available to applicants for employment with disabilities. To request accommodation during the application process, please contact your local Store Manager for assistance.
0307 Barton Creek Square
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.