Staff Accountant - LeaseBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
This position is responsible for the full scope of lease accounting and administration duties for their assigned portfolio of Leases. This includes ensuring proper accounting and payment of Minimum Rent, Common Area Maintenance, Real Estate Taxes, and various other additional rental charges. The position performs detailed audits of all Occupancy expenses, including shopping center co-tenancy requirement reviews. The position communicates daily with landlords, property managers, as well as internal staff, including Chico's Real Estate and Legal departments, to accomplish their duties. The position ensures lease compliance while focusing on cost recovery.
- Maintains proper accounting, and timely and accurate payment to landlord, for all lease required charges, including Minimum Rent, Common Area Maintenance (CAM), Real Estate Taxes (RET), Promotional Fund Dues, and additional rent charges.
- Performs desktop audits of all Occupancy expenses, including annual CAM and RET reconciliations to ensure that all payments are in full compliance of the Lease terms. The Lease Accountant will identify, research, and formulate claims, as well as negotiate settlement and pursue collection and resolution of all overcharges, in line with the department goal of maximizing occupancy savings.
- Identify potential Landlord overcharges
- Review and properly interpret lease language to support the audit function
- Request and analyze supporting documentation
- Initiate dispute for suspected billing errors
- Clearly and professionally communicate revisions and gain landlord's approval of same
- Maintains positive Landlord relationships, acting as primary contact to Landlord for all lease accounting issues. Reconcile accounts and research outstanding Landlord balances. Respond to telephone calls and/or e-mails externally with landlords, and internally with Real Estate, Legal, Accounts Payable, and Financial Accounting regarding all Lease Accounting matters.
- Maintains all financial fields within Accruent, the Lease Administration software application used to manage all Chico's FAS store operating leases. The Lease Accountant must ensure that all lease payments are properly recorded to the correct account and time period to ensure data integrity necessary for departmental reporting and analysis.
- Ensures that Gross Sales are reported and Percentage Rent calculated and paid in accordance with the Lease terms.
- Resolves financial defaults in timely manner.
- BS/BA degree required; in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 2 years' experience required
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Word and Microsoft e-mail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience in Lease Accounting preferred
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.