Job Ref#: 8310
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for certain general ledger accounts, including preparation of various schedules, reconciliations, and analyses relating to the monthly closing process for general accounting. This position plays akey role in continuing to build and maintain the bridge between the Company’s different brands and the finance organization in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Prepares various monthly account reconciliations, actual-to-forecast variance analysis and journal entry preparation.
- Posts intercompany and departmental allocations, certain balance sheet accruals, and reviewing store expense reports.
- Assists with monthly variance analysis, research discrepancies and meet with business partners to understand key drivers.
- Develops an understanding of Accounting’s workflow processes and the interdependency between other Departments in meeting monthly closing goals. Also develop a working relationship with other departments to facilitate information sharing and to understand who our internal customers are and what their needs are.
- Develops a level of proficiency with all financial and information systems as they relate to the position.
- Assists with record retention and organization of the Accounting Department.
- Works on special projects independently and as part of a team, meet deadlines and present results to management.
- Action oriented
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
- Decision quality
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interpersonal savvy
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Situational adaptability
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Technical Skill - Accounting Applications
Displays the ability to follow defined procedures for the timely and accurate processing and/or recording of transactions utilizing the Company's systems.
- Technical Skill - Accounting Principles
Shows knowledge of the financial accounting framework followed by the Company in areas of direct responsibility. In technical accounting roles, demonstrates the ability to perform accounting research, document findings and update policies and procedures as applicable.
- Technical Skill - Auditing
Examining and analyzing financial functions, program operations and results, and/or systems to determine compliance with tax, financial, or programmatic procedures and regulations.
- Technical Skill - Financial Analysis
Reviewing financial quantitative or conceptual problems and situations, and drawing appropriate and valid conclusions from data presented, sifting through data to determine the most significant elements. Identifying common elements and themes in situations and actions, recognizing cause and effect relationships.
- Technical Skill - Operational Principles
Knowledge of the financial accounting framework followed by the Company in areas of direct responsibility.
Preferred - BA/BS in Accounting
Preferred - BA/BS in related field
- 2+ years’ work experience as an accounting clerk/bookkeeper
- Basic knowledge of GAAP required
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically Excel
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform duties with a process improvement and customer service mentality
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion
- Experience as an Accountant
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.