Sr Technical Designer (Soma) Foundations
Job Ref#: 8595
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Designer
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position isprimarily responsible for ensuring that Brand quality fit, desired appearance,and quality construction standards are met and maintained for assigned productarea. This position may lead a team of Technical Designers. Works closely withTechnical Design leader to enhance and evolve processes and procedures asbusiness evolves; broaden technical knowledge and expertise, while continuallystriving to elevate the quality of the product. Participates in meetingdepartmental goals. Ensures brand integrity through consistency of fit, keepingthe customer top of mind.
- Leads weekly fit sessions. Collaborate with designers and merchants to translate fit and aesthetic details.
- Provides technical direction, in collaboration with peer teams, supervisor and vendor on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve fit, balance, and overall quality of the garment.
- Maintains fit consistency for product area. Ensure standard grade rules are applied to each garment.
- Executes tech packs from Development to PP of assigned departments and additional product classifications as directed.
- Ensures Product Lifecycle Calendar dates are met for Development and Garment Fit Approvals.
- Anticipates and resolves any problems with the fit process. Partners with vendors in the resolution of problems as necessary.
- Attends weekly cross functional team meetings raising up any issues that pertain to vendor, quality, and/or timeline concerns.
- Works closely with Technical Design leaders to enhance and evolve processes and procedures, as business evolves, while driving to elevate the quality of the product.
- May train new associates in the technical design responsibilities and process cycle.
- May coach team members by evaluating team process on a regular basis, recommend and implement improvements, as needed.
This position may be found inmultiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
This role impacts:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; in Fashion Design a plus
- 7+ years’ experience in the apparel Industry including patternmaking experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
- Detail oriented with ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of grading skills, pattern making, fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance
- Travel required; must have valid passport
- Strong Knowledge of garment construction standards and manufacturing process
- Block/sloper use and development experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Share required
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative suite required
- Advanced knowledge of Web based applications, i.e. FLEM PLM or comparable software required
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.