This position is responsible for tracking and managing strategic enterprise projects, particularly the initiatives focused on modernizing our eCommerce Platforms as well as initiatives related to Marketing Technology.
The individual in this role will have both deep technical and program management expertise with a mentality of driving results with agility and leadership. This individual is an inspirational leader that can deliver results through others, rally people beyond a goal, align stakeholders, and ruthlessly drive prioritization to deliver for impact.
This job requires demonstrated experience building, grooming, and mentoring technical program management or engineering teams of large-scale businesses, and a proven track record of scaling delivery in a highly transformative environment. An innovative, intellectually curious problem solvers with broad technical expertise across eCommerce technology, distributed systems, and data management. Also skilled at prioritizing for impact and carefully delegate to the right people in their team with adequate context.
This individual will embrace and inspire innovation, exercise strong judgment and negotiation skills, possess the ability to influence without authority, thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Works with the Product, Engineering, Store and Business teams to create and maintain program plans and status reporting of new enterprise-focused initiatives.
- Ensures proper department head and executive team visibility into these initiatives.
- In partnership with Product and Engineering teams, escalate quickly threats to timeline and budget expectations.
- Host and organize kick-offs, weekly and monthly status meetings with senior staff, IT leadership and partners to ensure continued alignment on direction and expectations.
- Maintains status and summaries of assigned initiatives including taking the lead in building exec-level updates on a regular cadence.
- Acts as a neutral voice between the business and technology teams to continually ensure alignment around key initiatives.
- Partners with internal and external engineering teams on building modular, flexible and scalable applications based on modern software design principles
- Works with relevant vendors and ensure robust SOWs that accurately depict expectations, and MSAs to ensure complete Chico’s FAS protection.
- Arranges executive and senior level exposure with vendors for points of strategic alignment and for all points of escalation.
- Tracks monthly spend against the SOW's, at a high level, and ensure finance and IT budget leaders is tied in to ensure appropriate capital vs. operating expenses and track these costs to the master technology budget.
- Liaisons with the Product and Project Management office and senior business line management (or designates) to ensure the results of each transformational initiative have the proper measurements in place to track success.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of experience in technical roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development which includes 5+ years’ experience in core project management disciplines, including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
- Experience launching software & systems utilizing modern project management methodologies, tools and techniques
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects
- Expertise in facilitating project stakeholders, multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver features
- Ability to identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Experience in creating, maintaining and disseminating project information to stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints
- Adequately factor-in contingency for unplanned delays while still being aggressive
- Excellent communication, organization, time management and analytical/problem solving skills are required, along with a high degree of flexibility
- Positive attitude with a creative mindset and ability to think outside the box
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot technical issues and adapt solutions for anomaly use cases, and remove barriers to project success
- Assertive and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- High-level understanding of omni-channel retail systems preferred
- Must be highly collaborative and organized, with an exceptional attention to detail
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.