Sr. Director, Marketing Content
Job Ref#: 7842
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Marketing
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for the editorial direction of all content marketing and communication for Chico’s FAS and its brands. As our Chief Storyteller, the position will partner with Trend, Design & Merchandising to understand product story opportunities, and build monthly storylines that the Creative, PR & Social, Site and Performance Marketing teams will deploy to drive sales, engage existing and acquire new customers to increase market share, while building on our clear brand positions.
- Partners with Trend, Design & Merchants to understand Fashion Inspiration and Fashion Direction for each collection.
- Partners with Creative & Styling to align on storytelling approach for each delivery.
- Develops the overarching Editorial Strategy & Content Calendar for all brands, balancing franchise, ongoing stories and brand stories with monthly newness.
- Drives a multi-layered story approach so that we can speak to big bets/key items in a multitude of ways to attract interest in even our most basic items, in addition to fashion.
- Communicates storylines to all Channel Owners so that they can bring to life in ways that optimize the story for their specific channel.
- Balances product storytelling with service/experience/behind the scenes stories beyond the product itself.
- Continuous development of copy direction and unique brand voices for each Chico’s FAS brand.
- Manages copy team to deliver compelling storytelling and why to buys that create conversion.
- Manages Producers who support the creation of all content, in partnership with Creative, to cleverly plan and execute shoots that maximize content outputs within budget.
- Manages blog content that serves to build our community and deepen the relationships with our customers.
- Integrates UGC into stories, further engaging our community.
- Ongoing analysis of results to optimize future content creation & deployment.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- 4-year degree in communications/marketing or related field required
- 12+ years content marketing and editorial experience
- Retail/Ecommerce experience
- Gifted Storyteller and writer
- Experience creating content for female-oriented, fashion brands
- Digitally driven leader who leverages all channels to create a seamless and highly engaging customer experience of the brand
- Data-driven, thrilled to leverage insights that optimize content
- Fluent in employing SEO best practices
- Passionate about fashion and serving women in ways that help them look and feel their best
- Deep understanding of and desire to please customers
- Proven strategic, creative and out of the box thinker who can bring innovative concepts on new ways to engage and attract customers to the brands
- Proven track record on building cooperative, productive relationships with internal business partners and Executive Leadership
- Proven track record of budget management, infused with creativity as dollars shift to areas of greater opportunity over time
- Ability to navigate an organization and build consensus
- Ability to develop a team into a best-practice, digital-first minded organization
- Must be a highly organized multi-tasker with a proven time management/prioritization track record in order to move across 3 brands and multiple seasons seamlessly
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.