Sr. Designer, Architectural PlanningBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Store Design
This position is responsible for scoping and developing detailed technical drawings and managing various types of brand specific store design projects for each location from inception to completion. Accountable for meeting all design related Project Schedule milestone dates and budget thresholds. Partners with brand clients and cross functional SD&C colleagues, to originate and develop appropriate site specific D & D packages and solutions for all brands. Designs and implements new and unique design initiatives as required.
- Accountable for the complete Design Project Life Cycle from REC approval through store opening.
- Responsible for the delivery of store layouts and schemes based on project requirements, mall criteria, lease lines, egress, signage, energy requirements, and code issues relative to the design concept
- Responsible for insuring consistency in quality and accuracy of all technical drawings.
- Accountability for adhering to stringent reinvestment strategies for New, Refresh, Rebrand or Remodel projects.
- Provides guidance and expertise to outside architectural firms, contractors, engineers and in-house entities regarding space planning, detailing, color, finish, and fixture expectation.
- Responsible for reviewing and qualifying MEP documents as part of the project life cycle.
- Responsible for and insures that City/Bldg. Department comments and LL comments are received in a timely manner in accordance to SD&C turn around policies. Comments are captured and addressed in drawing sets within 3-5 business days. Updates status to cross functional teams in Friday All Hands Meetings.
- Issues revisions and/or design directives to outside consultants in a timely manner on an as needed basis to maintain project schedule deliverable dates.
- Develops and delivers internally created space layouts and elevations, ensuring maximum use of space and close adherence to store concepts including lighting layouts, backroom configuration, and manipulation of store fronts.
- Responsible for and insuring that colors & finishes on projects are within brand standards & expectations.
- Responsible for Approving and modifying architect's suggested space layouts ensuring that construction documents are consistent with the company and brands design strategies as well as meet architectural, budgetary quality standards.
- Presents designs to internal Design team and internal clients/leadership as needed to ensure consistency of the design concept.
- Develops and presents storefront renderings, presentation drawings, material and finish boards to send to developers/LL's as necessary.
- Partners with Design Leadership on new projects such as concepting, fixture development, new materials and finishes, value engineering and any other special design projects on an as needed basis.
- * Accountable for and that project scope is aligned with approved REC budget guidelines and is the champion for stringent budget adherence and cost savings.
- * Partners with leaders to formulate, educate and execute specific key strategic initiatives to support the global organization.
- * Communicates/cascades Design strategy and direction and ensures understanding of strategy, iorities and impact to the team. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes. Effectively addresses exceptions and troubleshoots where needed.
- * Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Reviews team schematic designs and provides feedback. Provides direction for design issues or resolves directly with cross functional teams as needed.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architectural design required
- 7+ years' experience in Store Design required
- Previous experience required in developing interior design concepts, preparing working drawings, interior plans and construction documents, and researching fixture, furniture and equipment options.
- High Proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe suite applications. Experience with Revit software preferred/desirable
- Ability to hand sketch
- Strong knowledge/understanding/execution with regards to technical skills detailing, engineering, MEP
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to details.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment and accountability setting a high standard for self and others.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally; both verbally and in writing in the English language
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.