Sr Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis - Technology
Job Ref#: 8315
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for developing integrated expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations related to technology spending as well as supporting the accounting operations, expense budget, capital budget and forecast for the technology shared service functions.
- Partners with technology teams to develop reporting around capital project expenditures, return on investment analysis and other ad-hoc analysis as necessary.
- Partners with technology team to ensure spend management and proper coding of invoices adhering to the policies of the organization.
- Develops financial models to analyze the impact of technology investment decisions on profitability.
- Leverages SAP and business intelligence to monitor key technology KPI’s.
- Monitors technology capital expenditures and operating expenses monthly and provide appropriate analysis and support to ensure achievement of budget.
- Assist technology team in budgeting, forecasting and analysis of investments or risks related to business.
- Work with accounting and non-merch procurement in streamlining invoicing processes and purchase orders.
- Update wages/headcount forecast & meeting with HR regularly to align on org chart changes that impact the wages forecast.
- Assist with various financial reporting, planning and forecasting duties to support corporate budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Maintain corporate budget within Hyperion System and partner with shared service and brand departments to ensure accurate reporting and forecasting of P&L and balance sheet financial statements.
- Develop annual budgets for shared service functions and partner with department heads in adherence to individual budgets. Meet monthly with department heads to ensure visibility to budget and YTD performance according to department.
- Analyze sales and expense trends to improve accuracy of forecasted results and to identify corporate level opportunities for sales and/or expense improvement.
- Provide ad-hoc and analytical support as needed to CFO and other executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting/finance or financial planning, retail experience preferred
- Understanding of company financial statements
- Excellent PC skills – particularly Excel
- Customer driven approach to completing assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to effectively interface with all levels within the company
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Previous experience with Business Objects Web Intelligence, Hyperion Planning/Excel Add-in and/or another mainframe/analytical systems a plus
- MBA preferred
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.