Sr. Accountant - CPA preferred - relocation assistance provided!
Job Ref#: 7930
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
We are looking for a Senior Accounting professional who is interested in learning financial reporting. If you have financial reporting experience, great. If not, we will teach you!
This position is responsible for the preparation of SECreportingdocuments, various schedules, reconciliations, and account analyses relating to the monthly and quarterly closing process. This position also prepares various management reports including various explanations utilized by Senior Finance Management, including the CFO. This position supports the team by researching new accounting pronouncements and providing analysis and recommendations on the guidance. Additionally, this position assists in the analysis and explanation of financial results as presented in the quarterly earnings release and quarterly/annual 10-Q and 10-K.
- Preparation of all external reporting functions, including compliance with GAAP, SEC, NYSE, and iXBRL requirements.
- Prepares various SEC reporting documents and earnings release, including quarterly and annual financial statements on Form 10-Q and 10-K, proxy statements, beneficial ownership reports and other required SEC forms and filings required.
- Responsible for the various monthly account analysis and reconciliations, including equity analysis and reconciliation, and journal entry preparation.
- Prepares various management reports including analysis and explanations.
- Responsible for monthly stock compensation variance analysis, special projects,preparation of monthlyfinancialreports including the statement of stockholders' equity, outstanding share reconciliation and preparation of earnings per share schedules.
- Develops an understanding of thefinancialreportingworkflow processes and the interdependency between other departments in meetingreportinggoals.
- Develops a working relationship with other departments to facilitate information sharing and to understand who our internal and external customers are and what their needs are.
- Develops a level of proficiency with allfinancialand information systems as they relate to current position.
- Assists with record retention, auditor requests, and organization of the financial reporting department.
- Assists with the research of technical accounting issues as they relate to the current role and develop process improvement efficiencies in the department.
- Serves as a technical resource to other departments and management.
- Maintains processes and procedures to ensure adherence.
- Required BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years’ experience required
- General Ledger Skills: SAP expertise preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter, excellent communication and leadership skills
- Attentive to detail, well organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong skills in: problem solving, PC spreadsheets, communication and organization
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP required
- CPA preferred or qualifications to sit for CPA required
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.