Sr. Accountant, RevenueBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
This position will be responsible for all franchise and royalties monitoring, control & reporting, and posting to the general ledger for items relating to royalties. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring accurate controls exist around franchise and royalty revenue and receivables. The successful candidate will process timely and accurate statements and maintain accurate and reconciled receivables for Royalties.
- Review royalty contracts and determine appropriate revenue recognition methodology
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls for the franchise and royalty revenues, and for the related receivables
- Analyze and summarize monthly and quarterly franchise and royalty revenues based on contract terms, the relevant revenue recognition methodology and the current status of license
- Perform review and analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of royalty revenues
- Monitor and analyze accounts receivable and past due balances
- Prepare journal entries related to international and franchise revenue
- Monitor and analyze accounts related to royalties such as deferred revenue and prepaid royalties
- Monitor and analyze transactions related to royalty revenue transactions such as commissions, company royalty expenses and others to ensure that expense recognition matches the revenue recognition
- Prepare an analysis of actual royalty revenues to budget and forecast, investigate variances and analyze trends
- Assist in the build-up of royalty revenue budgets, updates and changes
- Prepare periodic franchise and royalty revenue reports
- Prepare other external reports, as necessary
- Assist with development of potential future revenue streams in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with other departments to facilitate information sharing and adjusting to business changes.
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments and management.
- Assist with record retention, auditor requests, and other special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, retail accounting or related field required
- Experience with royalty/license revenue accounting preferred
- CPA/MBA preferred
- General Ledger skills; SAP expertise preferred
- Excellent accounting and financial analysis skills required
- Highly motivated self-starter, excellent communication and leadership skills
- Attentive to detail, well organized and able to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP required
- Perform duties with a "Customer Service" mentality
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.