Specialist, Media Relations
Job Ref#: 7959
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Marketing
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for day-to-day public relations activities for corporate and brand initiatives.
- Coordinates the ordering and tracking of PR samples between NSSC and media outlets for press requests, PR photoshoots and press events.
- Supports execution of seasonal press appts and photoshoots.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining media lists on a regular basis.
- Responsible for clipping and saving press placements for each brand and Chico’s FAS, including charity coverage.
- Responsible for compiling credit information for pending media placements.
- Assists with event logistics and execution.
- Updates placement log for fashion and charity coverage.
- Supports the team with press releases, pitches and media inquiries
- Assists with brand partnership details, including planning and execution.
- Formulate presentation decks
- Maintains PR closet.
- Assists with weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Assists with charitable-giving initiatives.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with cross functional depts.
- Process invoices and check requests with AP.
- Performs miscellaneous research, operational duties and projects as assigned.
- BS Degree – PR, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or similar field preferred
- 1-2 years relevant experience required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizing and planning skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Dynamic high-energy and able to support coordination in a fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality and the ability to manage sensitive information is a priority in this role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.