Sourcing Associate (Soma)Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Global Sourcing
This position assists in the management of the sourcing process from the vendor allocation through to product development and ultimately bulk delivery through vendors/factories in accordance with agreed plans defined by the Cross Functional Team (CFT), work closely with key partners to deliver on the brand vision and value proposition throughout the process.
- Drive product execution ensuring styles are allocated to (and ultimately received from), agreed vendors with target cost, and delivery commitment information.
- Attend development meetings to partner raw materials and trim costs, artwork needs and previous seasons information that may impact decisions
- Communicate PLC timelines & program projections to vendors
- Follow up on all style details to ensure they are executed accurately including but not limited to fabric, trims, color, and style details in a timely manner
- Assist in engineering and resolution of any cost challenges - working with vendors on challenges and communicating to key partners with a goal of resolving prior to milestone meetings
- Review & evaluate vendor Time & Action calendars.
- Troubleshoot & resolve any issues pertaining to raw materials, trims, artwork, etc that could impact product delivery.
- Assist in the management of all data around samples and submits
- Partner with manager on the on-boarding of new vendors/countries/factories
- Assist in the organization of vendor meetings at NSSC
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with all internal and external partners including but not limited to Merchants, Technical Designers, CAD, Raw Materials and Vendors/factories
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant work experience
- 2 - 5 years' experience in the retail industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with fit, fabric development / finishes and construction details.
- Proficient in Excel / Word / Outlook
- Exposure to FlexPLM or comparable software preferred.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.