Senior Technician, Equipment Maintenance - Friday - Saturday - Sunday 3:30pm-3:30am
Job Ref#: 8217
Brand: Distribution Center (DC)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for repairs and installation of complex PLC controlled mechanical and electrical equipment including automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers and communication systems. Troubleshoots and diagnoses on-site electrical and mechanical equipment for functional and structural repairs, including conveyor systems, material handling systems, air compressors and pneumatics.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures using hand and power tools.
- Repairs and installs electrical systems and fixtures with minimum supervision.
- Performs routine electrical/mechanical repairs or installation such as running conduit, replacing receptacles, welding and fabrication etc.
- Troubleshoots PLC’s and PLC controlled conveyors and equipment.
- Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles and install electrical conduit.
- Moves, installs and adjusts fixtures, motors and other electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Installs power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Diagnoses mechanical/electrical problems, replaces or repairs parts, detects and replaces defective control modules.
- Installs and repairs environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
- Tests electrical equipment for safety.
- Inspects, adjusts and repairs all building systems as required.
- Monitors and inspects facility construction, conveyor installation and all trade/contractor work.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe internal and external work environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Drive company vehicle to purchase and retrieve maintenance supplies and materials. Also, transport company inventory and supplies from building to building.
- Provide technical assistance to lower level maintenance technicians.
- Maintain stock storage areas and liaison with purchasing as necessary.
- Respond to emergency alarm systems.
- Utilize CMMS software to document all work on equipment.
Due to the nature of potential equipment and facilities related breakdowns, fluctuations of products and manufacturing schedules and the urgency of new equipment installations, the Facilities Department’s working hours must be flexible and the individual must be available for scheduled overtime, and, at times, emergency overtime. Breaks and lunch times may also be flexible depending on emergency or high priority projects and assignments.
This role impacts:
· Budget x
- Action oriented
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
- Decision quality
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interpersonal savvy
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Situational adaptability
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Technical Skill - Building Plans
The reading of blueprints and scaled drawings.
- Technical Skill - Electrical Circuitry
Knowledge of Electrical Circuitry especially in terms of the devices and systems for which there is direct responsibility.
- Technical Skill - Maintenance
Maintenance is the prevention, correction, update, repair, or modification to equipment, products, systems, structures or other items that may need enhancement or updating, including the application of predictive techniques to help determine the condition of in-service equipment in order to predict when maintenance should be performed.
- Technical Skill - Microsoft Suite
Business applications including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
Preferred AA in related field
Preferred AA in equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of maintenance experience in similar environment
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems with formal training or education
- 5-8 years of maintenance experience with mechanical and electrical control functions.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize with good time management, planning, expediting and proactive skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work any shift as business needs require
- Ability to comprehend instructions and perform a variety of maintenance tasks
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.