Senior Designer - Separates/Outlets
Category: Fashion Designer
11215 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
It's our 35th Anniversary and we keep getting better with age!
Doing what you love in a place you love with people you trust? Yes. At Chico's FAS, you can have it all. A career in fashion retail where you will feel inspired and encouraged to be your best and be yourself every day. A place where values and guiding principles are more than just a sign on the wall. An environment that cultivates and champions career growth. Through our focus on servant leadership, mentoring programs, customer service and philanthropic involvement, we find ways to make a difference every day. We care about each other, our customers and our community. Headquartered in Southwest Florida, Chico's FAS is a family of Three Amazing Brands, surrounded by beautiful sunny beaches. Ready to join us? Read on.
This position is responsible for partnering with the leader to develop the overall design direction for the brand and may own multiple categories of the business. This position directs, builds and develops product ideas. This position will work closely with directors, merchants and design teams to execute seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, margin requirements, and completion of product. Manage brand integrity through internal and external design partnerships. Continue to evolve product categories.
- Partners with leader to assist with the cross functional team's interpretation of the overall design direction for the brand to the vendor.
- Leads meetings confidently while driving innovation to impact results.
- Identifies process improvements and leads company initiatives.
- Edits and curates merchandised assortments.
- Manages multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Partners with leader to guide development needs and manage overdevelopment. In addition, identities and clearly articulates white space and new business opportunities.
- Creates sketches by category at design ratio and adhere to line plan and design ratios for design development samples throughout the process.
- Manages print development process and needs in partnership with CAD.
- Works cross functionally with the cross functional teams to coordinate assortments for presentation through artwork print, fabric, silhouettes, outfit coordination and presentation boards.
- Partners with trend to create line presentation boards for use at concept and development review.
- Prepares and presents seasonal product reviews to senior management and merchant teams.
- Coordinates visual boards and samples to drive newness to the brand.
- Works with trend department to assure merchants seasonal buying tool needs are met.
- Works closely with cross functional teams to compliment and coordinate process, procedures, and development needs/packages.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business results and ability to react and correct line.
- Attends fits in partnership with technical design for styling and aesthetic comments/input.
- May create artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 year college degree in Design
- 7+ years' experience in fashion design within the retail industry, preferably contemporary market focused on collections
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Navigates and leads through change
- Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trims
- Multiple category experience preferred
- Deep expertise of category ownership
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word; FlexPLM experience strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
- InDesign and Micrographx experience preferred