Senior Coordinator, PayrollBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
This position is responsible for auditing pay data imported from multiple timekeeping systems into payroll system. Collaborates with field and headquarter leadership to obtain approvals to correct errors with associates pay. Provides most amazing customer service to all associates at all times. Utilizes senior expertise to answer associate inquiries or guide them to appropriate shared services partners to meet their needs. Provides leadership and training to new associates or fellow shared service partners. Supports "green" initiatives to drive current and former associates online to perform tasks and obtain pay statements and W2's. Advocates for electronic pay methods to assure timely receipt of pay.
- Calculates and processes all types of payroll compensation, payments and collections.
- Identifies potential issues and provides solutions to management.
- Responsible for local tax setup in payroll system. Assists management in registering new localities.
- Utilizes on line tools to validate proper jurisdictional tax requirements, and manage associate tax inquiries.
- Maintains all electronic files for active and former associates.
- Insures that all data entered into the payroll system has appropriate approvals.
- Responsible for Weekly processing of store and HQ payroll input in order to ensure that all associates are paid accurately and timely.
- Controls and processes manual payroll checks following department guidelines and appropriate approvals.
- Manages various sick pay requirements for states and localities.
- Manages termination pay based on state requirements.
- Reviews monthly bonus data; makes needed adjustments and processes through payroll system each Fiscal month.
- Processes year end W-2's, timely and accurately.
- Trains new team members and updates procedure manuals.
- Executes special projects assigned by management.
- Administration of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program for company.
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's degree a plus
- 3 -5 years of multi-jurisdictional payroll experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Team player, comfortable in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Ability to process high volumes of data accurately and meet processing deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- High level of customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with major human capital management systems a plus
- Generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Modern office practices and procedures, including modern computer applications and applicable cloud based HCM packages
- IRS tax rules and deadlines
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.