Sales LeadBrand: White House Black Market
Category: Retail Sales
The Sales Lead may be a full or part-time hourly paid position which supports the Store Manager and
Assistant Sales Managers in the supervision of a store, including meeting sales goals, customer satisfaction, cash / inventory management, general store operations, loss prevention, visual presentation, floor sets, and store maintenance.
Sales and Customer Satisfaction
1. Consistently meets and exceeds personal goals. Maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
2. Monitors Associate productivity, acknowledges and communicates performance feedback to Associates. Motivates Associates to achieve full potential to meet company standards.
3. Positively communicates personal and store sales goals, promotions and incentives to the store’s staff. Utilizes Recognition Board.
4. Knowledgeable of current Brand products and assortments. Communicates this information to customers and Associates effectively.
5. Consistently sets an enthusiastic and effective example. Adheres to all customer satisfaction policies and procedures.
6. Positively and consistently demonstrates a professional image in accordance with Brand standards.
Cash / Inventory Management
1. Processes all register/point of sale (POS) transactions accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
2. Performs all financial activities efficiently and in accordance with company policy, and guidelines, including cash handling and reporting, price changes, merchandise handling and open and closing guiding principles.
General Store Operations
1. Maintains safety requirements to ensure a safe working and shopping environment.
2. Ensures current company guiding principles are followed as documented in current reference manuals
3. Retrieves NSSC communication via BOSS system, email, store mail, and voicemails and follows up accordingly.
4. Ensures accuracy of opening and closing process.
5. Processes incoming and outgoing shipments as per company policy, ensuring accuracy of inventory receipts.
6. Ensures the cash wrap is organized and efficiently operated at all times.
7. Assists in requesting supplies ensuring a consistent and accurate level of supplies while controlling expenses. Helps maintain all controllable expenses within company guidelines (i.e., payroll, telephone, supplies, etc.).
8. Flexible/available in the event of scheduling conflicts, Associate, store and mall emergencies.
9. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as directed by Management.
1. Protects the store’s funds, property, and fellow Associates’ property by conforming to and enforcing all loss prevention policies, procedures, and controls.
2. Communicates all loss prevention related concerns to the Store Manager or the District Sales Manager.
Visual Presentation / Store Maintenance
1. Maintains a well organized, clean and neat store appearance through appropriate housekeeping activities, including backroom maintenance and organization.
2. Conducts and updates floor sets in accordance with company visual standards.
3. Processes stock and sales floor replenishment as necessary to ensure a full representation of merchandise on the floor at all times, in accordance with current visual merchandising standards.
Human Resources Management and Development
1. Possesses effective leadership skills and portrays a positive team attitude
2. Reviews Associate time sheets/records and other payroll documentation to verify completeness, legibility, and accuracy of hours worked and payroll used. Ensures payroll is entered timely and correctly
1. High school diploma or equivalent educational certification.
2. Minimum 3 years prior retail sales and/or sales management experience within a specialty, fashion store environment is preferred.
3. Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
4. Ability to travel to stores throughout the district
5. Possesses excellent customer service skills
6. Knowledge of the administrative aspects of store operations
7. Communicates with customers while standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom.
8. Capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds, climbing, reaching, pushing / pulling as required to meet responsibilities.
9. Available and agrees work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
10. Can meet the requirements for regular attendance on-the-job attendance to ensure appropriate management coverage. The Lead Sales Associate’s must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts.
11. Understands how to operate registers/POS devices in a proficient manner.
Due to our growth, we are always accepting applications for top talent to join our store teams. When we do have an open position, we will review your application to determine if your qualifications are a match with our position requirements. You may apply to any location or position at any time; however, the position to which you apply may not currently be open. Accommodation is available to applicants for employment with disabilities. To request accommodation during the application process, please call 1-800 - 608-4528 for assistance.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.