The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Performs various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction.
1. Meets company sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
2. Performs various sales and register transactions including ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments and counting money.
3. Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and exchanges, customer service, security practices, and other applicable operations.
4. Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions; maintains pricing and visual standards.
5. Builds and maintains a solid customer following through clienteling and wardrobing
6. Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
7. Participates in visual directives including monthly store sets and zone maintenance.
8. Other duties as assigned/required.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. High School diploma or equivalent
3. Retail or sales experience preferred
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
7. Communicate with customers, Associates, and Management; wear / communicate with headset; stand and maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; operate register; lift and carry 30 pounds; hang / fold merchandise; climb, reach, push / pull, and clean
8. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
ABOUT CHICO'S FAS
Chico's FAS, Inc. is a cultivator of brands serving the lifestyle needs of fashion-savvy women 30 years and older. Our brand portfolio currently consists of three brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma. Our brands are all specialty retailers of private label women's apparel, accessories and related products. Currently, we operate over 1,450 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands.
Retail Sales Associates can grow their career in a variety of ways at Chico’s FAS, Inc. Because we have three brands and hundreds of boutiques across the U.S. and Canada, we are able to leverage talent across the enterprise and throughout North America.
Retail Sales Associate Jobs in Virginia Gateway at Chico's can include:
Retail Sales Associate - Team members in this retail sales associate job are primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Retail Sales Asociates perform various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction.
Sales Lead - Team members in this retail sales associate job are primarily responsible for supporting management in general operations of the store to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability.
At Chico's, there is no such thing as a typical career path and we encourage our Sales Associates to take advantage of the many opportunities that exist. Apply online today for Retail Sales Associate jobs at Chico's.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.