Production EngineerBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Global Sourcing
The Production Engineer is responsible for actively engaging in production execution, providing guidance, oversight and technical expertise that ensure Right First Time manufacturing, consistent Brand Right quality, timely execution and increased margin opportunities.
- Implements and maintains production and operations standards as defined by contracts and corporate policies. .
- Implements Right First-Time manufacturing processes throughout our manufacturing base.
- Advises and provides guidance to our external partners to promote "best in class" manufacturing processes and alignment to our brands' quality standards, goals, and initiatives.
- Provides QA training and alignment for manufacturing partners and 3rd party service providers.
- Performs FTE of our manufacturing partners as well as provide technical assistance and training for 3rd party conducted FTE.
- Provides investigative support for our quality alert system.
- Performs on-boarding processes for new suppliers and manufacturers.
- Provides manufacturing advice and knowledge transfer to internal cross-functional teams.
- Navigates and maintains the SOPs data base.
- Publishes OQL data and vendor scorecards
- Partners with logistics and DC teams to ensure the supply base is compliant with our quality, packaging, and routing requirements.
- Engages in staff development meetings for the purpose of knowledge transfer, cross training, and team collaboration to insure personal development and succession planning.
- Supports production and sourcing teams by participating in product review.
- Engages in special projects as assigned by senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in domestic and international apparel production engineering; onsite international experience required.
- Proven experience in interacting effectively with all internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze and evaluate manufacturing environments and generate CAPs.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices and methods for supplier qualification, selection, and relationship management.
- Working knowledge of "lean manufacturing" and industrial engineering
- Working knowledge of textile fabrication and construction
- Working knowledge of textile testing and lab procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good time management skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in PLM or comparable software
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, e-mail
- Extensive domestic and international travel required
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.