Merchant - Travelers
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for achieving sales, gross margin, and profit goals of a specific Omni-channel business through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise and by utilizing appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company's return on inventory investment and space in stores and online. Develops and implements a customer centric strategy that is combined with pre and in-season analysis that supports appropriate actions to sales trends and the ability to maximize business.
- Develops and guides the execution of the quarterly strategic view of the line (SVL) for the brand, focusing on building strong assortment architecture that supports business strategies.
- Performs research analysis of their market and identifies trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer; identifies key opportunities leading to business strategies.
- Represents the voice of the customer; has deep knowledge of target customer to ensure product and outfitting deliver exceptional customer service.
- Creates strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Site Merchandising Operations, International, Allocation, and Visual.
- Partners with Sourcing and Product Development. Sets target retails to meet financial goals and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Partners with the Design, Sourcing, and Product Development teams to ensure proper fit and quality of merchandise.
- Partners with key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate distribution to maximize sales of the business.
- Determines quantities to order by style, size, and color; validate to KPI objectives, Line Plan and OTB plan.
- Regularly reviews the sales trend of the business and makes merchandising decisions in partnership with leadership to maximize results and minimize risk.
- Partners with Sourcing team to manage flow and timing of deliveries; ensuring all commitments are met in a timely basis.
- Partners with Marketing to understand (Omni) floor set visual placement of product and impact on sales. Works with Visual team and Merchant leaders on key initiatives requiring marketing and visual placement.
- Ensures ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment and any updates as needeed.
- Ensures ongoing coordination with Site Merchandising partners on final assortment.
- Partners with Store Ops, if necessary, to create applicable training and communication to improve workflow.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 6+ years of experience in Brand Development and Merchandising for a progressive national multi-channel apparel retailer
- Management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to run and manage the open to buy
- Ability to work with and interpret numbers and have a thorough knowledge of inventory/open to buy
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and lead cross-functional teams
Merchandising Jobs in Corporate at Chico's
In a Merchandising role, you can grow your career in a variety of ways at Chico's FAS, Inc. Because we have three brands and hundreds of boutiques across the U.S. and Canada, we are able to leverage talent across the enterprise and throughout North America.
From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, Chico's has corporate Jobs in Corporate for talented professionals to join our team of retail associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Merchandising Jobs in Corporate at Chico's can include:
Associate Merchant - Team members in this merchandising job support the Merchant Team through a variety of daily tasks including order writing, business analysis, presentations, product review and vendor meetings.
With hundreds of boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. Apply online today for Merchandising Jobs in Corporate at Chico's.
At Chico's, there is no such thing as a typical career path, and we encourage everyone in a Merchandising role to take advantage of the many opportunities that exist. Apply online today for Merchandising Jobs in Corporate at Chico's.