Responsible for achieving sales, gross margin, and profit goals of a specific omni-channel business through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise and by utilizing appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company's return on inventory investment and space in stores and online. Develops and implements a strategy, analysis and appropriate reaction to sales trend in order to maximize business.
- Perform research analysis of their market and identifies trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer
- Profile and comprehend core customer to ensure customer satisfaction
- Create strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Site Merchandising Operations, International, Allocation, and Visual
- Partner with Sourcing and Product Development to achieve mark-up by setting target retails to meet financial goals and communicate to Design.
- Effectively manage the selection of merchandise in a timely manner
- Partner with the Technical Design, Design and Product Development teams to ensure proper fit and quality of merchandise
- Partner with Planning & Allocation to ensure the appropriate distribution to maximize sales of the business
- Develop and execute seasonal merchandise plans and pricing strategies
- Determine quantities to order by style, size, and color; validate to Line Plan and OTB plan
- Review the sales plan and makes merchandising decisions in partnership with leadership
- Develop assortment plans that support the business's goals and key item focus
- Partner with Sourcing team to manage flow and timing of deliveries
- Attend omni floor sets to understand the building fixture/shop concepts and digital marketing
- Validate space with assortment plan to ensure appropriate depth is achieved by store volume (size) and for online
- Communicate with Product Development and Design on a recap of best and worst sellers
- Ensure ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment
- Partner with leadership and Marketing to identify product to be advertised in marketing campaigns
- Manage, develop and educate direct reports. Provides guidance, mentoring/coaching and feedback on direct reports performance
- BA/BS degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- 5+ Years of experience in Brand Development and Merchandising for a progressive national multi-channel apparel retailer
- Management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to run and manage the open to buy
- Ability to work with and interpret numbers and have a thorough knowledge of inventory/open to buy
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and lead cross-functional teams
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.