This position is responsible for achieving sales, gross margin, and profit goals of a specific Omni-channel business through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise and by utilizing appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company’s return on inventory investment and space in stores and online. Develops and implements a customer centric strategy that is combined with pre and in-season analysis that supports appropriate actions to sales trends and the ability to maximize business.
• Develops and guides the execution of the quarterly strategic view of the line (SVL) for the brand, focusing on building strong assortment architecture that supports business strategies.
• Performs research analysis of their market and identifies trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer; identifies key opportunities leading to business strategies.
• Represents the voice of the customer; has deep knowledge of target customer to ensure product and outfitting deliver exceptional customer service.
• Creates strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Site Merchandising Operations, International, Allocation, and Visual.
• Partners with Sourcing and Product Development. Sets target retails to meet financial goals and communicate to key stakeholders.
• Partners with the Design, Sourcing, and Product Development teams to ensure proper fit and quality of merchandise.
• Partners with key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate distribution to maximize sales of the business.
• Determines quantities to order by style, size, and color; validate to KPI objectives, Line Plan and OTB plan.
• Regularly reviews the sales trend of the business and makes merchandising decisions in partnership with leadership to maximize results and minimize risk.
• Partners with Sourcing team to manage flow and timing of deliveries; ensuring all commitments are met in a timely basis.
• Partners with Marketing to understand (Omni) floor set visual placement of product and impact on sales. Works with Visual team and Merchant leaders on key initiatives requiring marketing and visual placement.
• Ensures ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment and any updates as needed
• Ensures ongoing coordination with Site Merchandising partners on final assortment.
• Partners with Store Ops, if necessary, to create applicable training and communication to improve workflow.
• Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Plans and Aligns
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 6+ years of experience in Brand Development and Merchandising for a progressive national multi-channel apparel retailer
• Management experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to run and manage the open to buy
• Ability to work with and interpret numbers and have a thorough knowledge of inventory/open to buy
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and lead cross-functional teams
In 1983, we started as a small Sanibel Island gallery filled with artfully stylish pieces. Decades later, our assortment includes clothing, jewelry and accessories—in over 500 Chico’s boutiques and 100 outlets across the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and at chicos.com.
Though we’ve evolved, our distinct point of view remains: Create carefully curated collections with quality, comfort and versatility as the focal point — essentials punctuated by memorable pieces, pops of color, artful prints and globally-inspired finds.
Our collections invite our spirited customer to discover something chic and unique every day.
White House Black Market was founded by women, for women over 35 years ago. Now there are over 300 boutiques and over 50 outlets across the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 24/7 shopping at whbm.com
We built our brand on the foundation of fashion’s most iconic contrast—White + Black. That natural contradiction inspires everything we do, and perfectly reflects our customer. She is strong yet subtle, modern yet timeless, hard-working yet easy-going.
We empower her to fully embrace her complexity—giving her looks that are feminine yet strong, sensual yet sophisticated, attractive yet approachable. Because we believe that no woman is any one thing.
For women by women since 2004. Our customer is our inspiration. She works hard at everything she does, so we’re working hard to create beautiful bra solutions for her, for all of us.
It’s not about the runway, it’s about the real way. We are embodying the journey of women supporting women. We are here to listen to her, tell her story and design product that supports her needs.
Visit us in 250+ boutiques or online anytime at soma.com
Founded by women, led by women. With our service and products, we strive to create a world where women never have to compromise, providing solutions to give them confidence and joy. Our portfolio consists of three brands: Chico’s, WHBM and Soma—specialty retailers of women’s apparel, intimates, accessories and related products—found in over 1,000 boutiques throughout the United States and online.