Merchandise Planner - OutletsBrand: White House Black Market
Category: Merchandise Planning
This is responsible for all aspects of preseason and in season plans utilizing current sales and trend information. The Planner, Merchandise -- Outlet is responsible for providing financial parameters that guides the Merchant's vision into viable plans and profitable bottom line results.
- Utilize PLC Calendar to create and implement departmental strategies that result in achieving KPI goals
- Partner with the Merchants on the development of pre-season sales, markdown, margin, receipt and inventory
- Develop assortment plans that improve merchandise performance and positioning of core programs while supporting topline financials
- Develop and monitor unit plans, projections, inventory flow, promotional strategies and seasonal sell-off plans
- Owner and leader of Monthly Business Review (MBR); Monthly plan review process: develop sales, markdown, receipt and inventory scenarios
- Develop projections and inventory flow for core programs/collections
- Develop assortment wedges
- Analyze current trends and go forward strategies:
- Be an active contributor during key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity.
- Manage and execute promotional and liquidation strategy
- Ensure promotions are aligned to business needs and competitive landscape
- Manage receipts and adjust inventory flow
- Discuss and gain alignment as team moves through the process of milestone meetings; speaking to risks and opportunities.
- Develop power of influence to attain leadership confidence in go forward strategies; providing recommendations that are viable for department
- Exhibit initiative to look beyond the everyday business & identify opportunities to maximize sales potential
- Partner and communicate with Sourcing, Marketing, Allocation as necessary
- Provide other analysis related to driving business results (e.g. hindsights, CC productivity, color-selling, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree; Preferably in finance, operations or business
- 3-5 years of experience in: retail merchandise planning, demand forecasting; inventory management, allocation or replenishment; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- 3 years of retail experience in assistant buying, or allocation; Merchant or merchandising experience desirable
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers; retail math skills, understanding of forecasting methodology
- Makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- PC proficiency with strong emphasis on Excel and Access
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.