Partners in creating initial concept stories through mood, color and trend. Defines big ideas/volume driving trends that will positively impact the bottom line and enhance designs integrity utilizing the brands lens.
- Conduct seasonal research for trend direction by utilizing and analyzing the offerings of trend forecasting companies, fashion publications, fashion sites/blogs, trade shows and through street reports from trend-forward cities, domestic and abroad.
- Track seasonal runways shows and reports, analyze trends and what’s happening in ready-to-wear that will impact the brand and their categories
- Seek out global trends and under-the-radar cultural influences through social media, store/in-store research and market/consumer research.
- Partners with leader in building out seasonal concept stories through mood, color palette building, trends, fashion must haves and big ideas.
- Performs deep dives of category-specific research for detailed areas of development (silhouette, color, fabric, & fit analysis in addition to competitor comparison) when needed.
- Facilitates constant information flow and suggests crucial upcoming trends to be implemented into the product fast track process.
- Creates documents that capture the seasonal concept direction and kick-off road maps
- Creates presentation mood boards and room set-ups for milestone kick-off meetings
- Adheres to the PLC (Product Lifestyle Calendar) and due dates.
- Conserve customer intimacy by making in-store visits, staying abreast on the VOC (Voice of the customer) communication.
Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Design major a plus
- 5-7 years’ experience preferably in women’s wear market, trend research and development
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for brand and customer design
- PC proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office with emphasis on PowerPoint; Adobe Design Suite; Key Note/Mac a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.