This position is responsible for managing, leading and developing the Technical Design teams for one or more departments and maintaining partnerships with all cross-functional teams. Takes a leadership role in ensuring brand specifications and fit standards are maintained for all garments as appropriate by Brand. This includes overall silhouette, consistency of fit, high standards of quality and detail, and overall execution by vendors. Develops vendor relationships through the Technical Design team via daily communications. Enhances processes and procedures currently in place, develop and implement new strategies, as business needs change. Ensures brand integrity through keeping the customer top of mind.
* Leads and/or coaches team during fit sessions, partnering team on product and fit adjustments, proposed corrections, and final grading; anticipates and resolves any problems with the fit process.
* Partners with design and merchant's teams to be able to provide relevant, stylish, and well-fitting product to our customer.
* Provides and/or develop block/sloper measurements and construction techniques to ensure consistency of fit and quality.
* Reviews and revises comprehensive construction standards and grade rule specifications; evaluates current practices and initiates new procedures in order to streamline workflow.
* Ensures Product Lifecycle Calendar dates are met for Development and Garment Fit Approval; Maintains accurate records for departments under auspice.
* Partners with vendors in the resolution of problems as necessary to maintain standards and timelines.
* Assigns duties and work schedules, and manages the work of the department; evaluates job performance and develops associates,
* Trains, mentors, and develops the Technical Design team under their auspice; prioritizes team workload as needed.
* May execute tech packs from Development to PP of assigned departments and additional product classifications as directed.
* May manage vendor onboarding training and extranet updates.
* May be assigned an annual department goal to lead to completion.
* Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred; preferably in Technical Design or Patternmaking
* 7+ years' experience in apparel industry, including pattern making experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
* Detail oriented with ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
* Expertise in grading skills, pattern making, fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
* Excellent knowledge of garment construction standards and manufacturing process.
* Block/sloper use and development experience required
* Effective team building skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Office365
* Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative suite required; Gerber Accumark and/or Optitex 2D/3D strongly preferred
* Advanced knowledge of Web based applications, i.e. FLEX PLM or comparable software required
Apparel Technical Designer Jobs in Corporate at Chico's
As an Apparel Technical Designer, you can grow your career in a variety of ways at Chico's FAS, Inc. Because we have three brands and hundreds of boutiques across the U.S. and Canada, we are able to leverage talent across the enterprise and throughout North America.
From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, Chico's has corporate Jobs in Corporate for talented professionals to join our team of retail associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Apparel Technical Designer Jobs in Corporate at Chico's can include:
Senior Technical Designer - Team members in this apparel design job are primarily responsible for overseeing a team of Technical Designers as it pertains to brand fit, product consistency, construction and quality as appropriate by Brand.
Technical Designer - Team members in this apparel design job manage products in the assigned product area from concept to final fit approval. They also work closely with the Senior Technical Designer to maintain consistency of fit and quality through technical written spec packages.
Technical Designer, Pants - Team members in this apparel design job are responsible for ensuring that quality fit, desired appearance, and company quality standards are met and maintained, including managing all aspects of technical garment specification development and technical fit comment as appropriate by Brand.
With hundreds of boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. Apply online today for Apparel Technical Designer Jobs in Corporate at Chico's.
At Chico's, there is no such thing as a typical career path, and we encourage everyone in an Apparel Technical Designer role to take advantage of the many opportunities that exist. Apply online today for Apparel Technical Designer Jobs in Corporate at Chico's.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.