Manager Site MerchandisingBrand: Chico's
This position will be responsible for driving conversion and sales through the online merchandising strategy. He/she will partner with Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Creative, Digital Operations and Customer Analytics to enhance the product offering and optimize the site experience to drive business results.
- Identify and maximize business opportunities based on website analytics
- Support merchandise strategies with site merchandising strategies in partnership with the Merchants
- Manage site & presentation of merchandise assortment, product categorization and taxonomy to maximize conversion, sales, drive higher AOV & increase conversion
- Manage merchandising & assortment planning for integrated marketing campaigns.
- Oversee all merchandising content which includes site search keywords, product attributes, visual merchandising presentation
- Collaborate with DCOM Creative, Marketing and User Experience partners on product descriptions, product imagery & videos, etc. to create & execute an optimal visual merchandising & user experience.
- Oversee the site search & filter programs to ensure accurate and complete product results
- Continually monitor & analyze sell-thru, taxonomy performance & key merchandising programs, including personalized product recommendations to develop recommendations or identify trends/patterns
- Proactively recommend enhancements to site to automate & optimize management of merchandising efforts
- Work with Merchandising to develop & execute an exclusives program only available to DComm channels on a limited basis.
- Keep abreast of opportunities with external vendors related to online merchandising
- Review and analyze online competitor site merchandising, promotional execution and tactics, user experience, product representation and taxonomy. Report findings and provide appropriate counter-strategies when appropriate.
- Research feedback from all available resources: customer service, customer feedback reporting, product ratings and reviews, social media, store partners and utilize the information to optimize the site and improve site metrics
- Define and maintain site navigation - creating and removing categories as needed based on merchandising, marketing strategies, user experience standards and web analytics
- Manage all Product Recommendations programs - define business rules to optimize cross sell recommendations
- Leverage product ratings and reviews for product insight and ideas for marketing. Proactively respond to customer feedback when appropriate
- Keep abreast of market trends, consumer trends, competition, customer service issues, and eCommerce technology and dynamics
- 4-year degree from college or university strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of online marketing/merchandising experience is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Must be deadline driven and operate with strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment.
- Experience managing internal and cross-departmental teams.
- Possess the desire, ability and knowledge to ensure that our merchandising initiatives are the most current, help identify merchandising needs and/or development opportunities to align with our overall ecommerce strategies
- Understanding of Internet as a commerce channel, trends, and user behaviors.
- Positive attitude with a creative mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent communication, organization, time management and analytical/problem solving skills are required, along with a high degree of flexibility.
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Power user of website analytics, content management and on-site search tools
- Assertive and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance working on several tasks at a time
- Must understand the "customer first" philosophy always keeping in mind our approach is to deliver a world class experience for our customer in everything we do
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.