Manager, Raw Materials and R&D (Soma)
Job Ref#: 7574
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Product Development
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
*This role WILL be located on-site at our HQ in Fort Myers, FL*
Relocation Assistance is available to qualified candidates
This position is responsible for driving the research, gathering, and development of a raw material area. Partners with cross-functional teams and external raw material suppliers in the development of high-quality, brand-right raw materials. Collaborates with cross functional teams in establishing, refining, and implementing raw material processes into the broader design and development process, internal and external. Partners with Textile Technologist to understand technical issues/limitations of the raw materials and works with raw materials to resolve/improve them.
- Research & develops and gathers raw material assortments according to design direction, while proposing product improvements to elevate the quality of the brand.
- Drives the raw material development process and calendar; adhering to Time & Action (T&A) partnering with design and product development partners. Maintains, updates, and analyzes raw material projects ensuring fiscal and quality goals.
- Ensures brand appropriate, trend right, and of elevated quality to advance the aesthetic and inherent value of the product and the brand.
- Researches and stays abreast of aesthetic raw material trends and technological developments. Collaborates with design and merchant partners in the identification of core, key, and novelty raw material strategies. Considers a “speed to market” approach and supports existing pricing structure partnering with Sourcing.
- Suggests and drives creative solutions to raw material pricing challenges.
- Guides the maintenance of the raw material library and database.
- Forges global relationships with raw materials globally while developing & maintaining existing relationships through ongoing communication.
- Responsible for raw material pattern capabilities as ensuring commercially viable for bulk.
- Manages Product Life Cycle raw material research and development TNA in accordance to PLC.
- Develops core and peripheral raw material qualities as directed to align with and support company strategy. Drives ITR Testing processes and consults with Textile Technologist.
- Works with internal and external partners to help resolve raw material limitations.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- Bachelor’s Fine Arts degree required; preferably in Fashion Design or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in global raw material research and development within the Intimates/Foundations space required.
- Expert understanding of raw material process and ability to research raw material according to trend direction and to support business strategies and outlined seasonal expectations
- Very detail oriented and ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Current technical knowledge in area of raw material specialization as it relates to raw material qualities, specifically raw material construction, content, weaving/knitting, dyeing, printing, finishing, and washing techniques including raw material capabilities and limitations
- Strong knowledge of participating and evaluating raw material shows in research & development avenues
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office suite; emphasis in Excel and web based applications
- Expert Adobe skills
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.