Manager MerchandisingBrand: White House Black Market
The Merchandise Manager is responsible for achieving sales, margin, and profit goals of a specific business through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise, and by utilizing appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company's return on inventory investment and space in stores. Analyzes, develops and implements a strategy with appropriate reaction to sales trends in order to maximize business.
- Partner with the DMM to own business for all merchandise, sales. Inventory and margin and create a pre-season strategy that supports company goals
- Partner with Planning and DMM to develop and approve Category Assortment Plan (CAP) for season
- Within CAP framework establish assortment architecture for season (fashion pyramid, pricing pyramid, silhouette/fabric flow, style/color breadth/color/depth)
- Partner with DMM to populate and assort the CAP.
- Work with the DMM to ensure Design and Product Development are aligned on the merchandising direction and execute to this throughout seasonal development and incorporate into Line Plan
- Partner with merchandising team to identify growth opportunities in product categories and work with Planners to analyze past performance and identify emerging trends
- Work with the DMM to achieve mark-up by setting target retails with Product Development and Production to meet financial goals and communicate to Design
- Assess the competition with respect to financial condition, trends, marketing and product strategy; react accordingly to ensure market leadership
- Analyze product history, competitive activity and trends to maximize business
- Work with merchandising team to approve quantities to order by style, color, and size and manage flow and timing of deliveries
- Provide direction through focusing and clearly communicating the priorities of managing multiple seasons and actively manage the product assortment throughout the season (inventory, MDs, etc.)
- Ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards
- Present assortment to senior leaders for approval by developing presentation structure and content, and ensuring appropriate analysis is completed and adopt product into line
- Responsible for product finalization and own architecture of line
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information
- Understand, monitor and track trends of target customer and travel to Chico's stores and competitive shopping locations
- BA/BS degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- 7-10 years of experience including 5-7 years in Brand Development and Merchandising and 2-4 years of management experience
- Broad based business acumen with potential to grow to DMM level
- Ability to set priorities, foster cohesion and provide motivation to cross functional teams
- Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities. Ability to build teams, to set challenging standards of achievement, to lead others to action, and motivate people to achieve results.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Possess a working knowledge of Purchase Order, planning, recapping and other Merchandising systems and spreadsheets
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.