Manager, Merchandise PlanningBrand: White House Black Market
Category: Merchandise Planning
This position is responsible for managing the merchandise planning which includes analyzing current business trend, market feedback, historical data and recommending course corrections and improvements based on these assessments. The Manager serves as the key liaison with the Merchant of the businesses they support in the development of the plans to achieve agreed upon financial targets. The Manager reports to the Director of Merchandise Planning and directs a team of Planners.
- Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of category plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit (tops down and bottoms up).
- Ensure the plan developed meets targets and the financial strategy
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals
- Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations
- Support the open to buy meetings; lead cross-functional team in managing opportunities and risks
- Present analysis in weekly business meetings and monthly planning meetings
- Partner with Merchandising and Production to develop projected product quantity needs for mills and factories as required on a rolling 12-month basis
- Supervise and develop team's competencies by coaching.
- Ensure all orders fall with in approved Financial OTB parameters.
- Drive analytical excellence by coaching and developing new reporting and approaches.
- Train and develop all new planning associates.
- Create and ensure execution of merchandise processes.
- Bachelor's Degree; finance, technology, operations, business a plus BA/BS degree in Finance or Business or a related field from an accredited institution.
- 5-7 years of planning or financial analysis experience in specialty retail -- women's apparel strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of merchandise planning, allocation or financial management experience in a SKU-intensive product category
- 3-5 years of experience with a replenishable business
- Experience in a entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstration of leadership and talent development skills
- Proven supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency to all levels of management and with a collaborate management style
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive cross-functional relationships to drive business and create/lead teams
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively
- Ability to effectively lead and develop results-oriented team
- Proven track record in managing a business to achieve financial targets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access and dynamic modeling replenishment systems; Planning systems and SAP experience a strong plus
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.