Distribution Center (DC) Maintenance Manager
Job Ref#: 7623
Brand: Distribution Center (DC)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,500 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 20,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for managing the maintenance functions for Chico’s Georgia Campus through staff. Areas include building utility systems, equipment maintenance and building and grounds maintenance.
- Ensures the security, safety, cleanliness and good working condition of the Winder campus.
- Directs the activities of the maintenance staff of multiple shifts to ensure operational readiness is maintained at the highest level.
- Manage activities of construction contractors, and maintenance and repair activities including HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electricity and janitorial and vendor services.
- Plans and formulates maintenance, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Organizes staff to ensure program meets Chico’s standards for system dependability. This includes maintaining all MHE, (Material Handling Equipment) and control systems, (electrical, electronic and software).
- Ensure efficient operation of MHE equipment, controls, software and automated sort systems.
- Reviews building maintenance needs for compliance with building codes and company standards.
- Know, monitor and manage Chico’s Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) plan and procedures as they relate to the area/scope of responsibility for this position.
- Maintains all department records and ensures inspections are performed on all building systems to comply with all federal, state and local requirements.
- Maintains and procures necessary maintenance and housekeeping tools, supplies and equipment.
- Manages and trains maintenance staff ensuring all standards of performance meet company and safety standards.
- Communicate and monitor adherence to company policy, programs and procedures.
- Minimize risks of work related injuries and illnesses and associated cost by conducting monthly safety audits and addressing any unsafe conditions.
- Establish performance objectives for supervisors, assign work, monitor workload and appraise performance.
- Coach and develop supervisor with identifying career needs and development of job related skills through work assignment, direct training and regular feedback.
- Examine and make recommendations to continuously improve work processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2-3 years of maintenance management experience or 5 years of maintenance management experience with some college, related certification and high school diploma.
- 5 years of experience with facility maintenance systems
- Experience with Intelligrated, Manhattan WMS, and/or Pyramid WCS strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of successful project management skills
- 3-5 years of preventive maintenance experience
- Excellent technical,written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5+ years experience leading multi-level teams in a 24/7 DC environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS PER SHIFT:
- Constant Standing – 67%-100%
- Frequent Bending – 34-66%
- Occasional Pushing/Pulling – 1-33%
- Frequent Lifting up to 50 lbs – 34-66%
- Frequent Climbing – 34-66%
- Occasional Driving – 1-33%
- Constant Handling/Grasping- 67-100%
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.