Manager, Inventory Control AccountingBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Position is responsible for managing the day to day activities related to the Inventory Control function; monthly closing process; various analyses, reconciliations and reports; physical inventory and cycle count process; budget/forecast variance analysis; management of activities to support external/internal audit work, adherence to internal control policies and procedures and overall SOX compliance.
- Ensure inventory accuracy; in the stock ledger and related systems; in financial and management reports; in related transactions, movements and processes.
- Responsible for management and review of all activities related monthly close cycle. This includes ensuring all related journal entries, account and variance analyses and reporting are completed accurately and on time.
- Manage and review preparation of various quarter end reports and analyses as requested by our external and internal auditors.
- Manage the activities of the Inventory Control staff in daily tasks and provide necessary training, guidance and professional development. Develop team spirit and ability to set goals, coordinate activities and develop effective methods of communication.
- Responsible for developing SAP, BI and Hyperion queries and reporting tools to support the Inventory Control function.
- Develop a standard set of weekly/monthly inventory reports to communicate financial results, actual to forecast variances explanations and operational trends and issues to management personnel. This includes development of physical inventory related reports to analyzing inventory discrepancies and shrink.
- Responsible for designing and implementing stronger internal controls, SOX compliance, developing process documentation and improving organization and efficiency of Inventory Control processes.
- Develop relationships and effective means of communication with the other departments regarding inventory related issues and development of standard operating procedures in dealing with special processes such as promotional events and gifts with purchase.
- Responsible for improving the overall quality and efficiency of the department; identify and implement incremental improvements to existing processes; develop additional analytics and reports to help monitor inventory movement; ensure proper record retention and organization of data files to provide an efficient audit trail of related activities.
- Responsibilities also include developing overall process efficiencies and development of staff.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 7+ years progressive accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong technical skills (GAAP and SEC) preferred
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory and project management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Possess strong skills in: problem solving, financial analysis, PC spreadsheets, communication, organization and leadership
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.