Manager, General AccountingBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
This position is responsible for overseeing all daily accounting activities including the accurate handling of all corporate transactions and consolidations in accordance with GAAP. The Accounting Manager also ensures that SOX controls and reporting requirements placed on a public company are properly executed.
- Develops accounting procedures for new processes to include creation of accounts and cost centers and to ensure adequate reporting and that controls are consistent with corporate guidelines and GAAP.
- Develops and maintains the account analysis/reconciliation process. Ensures that the accounting actions are in accordance with GAAP and is integrated into the existing accounting structure and processes.
- Oversees and facilitates month end close, to include preparation of monthly close calendars and communication to all business partners on relevant close milestones and timelines.
- Performs ongoing reviews of financial results and variance analysis as compared to plan/forecast, last year, year-end and prior quarter and resolution of all outstanding issues.
- Creates and coordinates completion of portions of the annual operating budget and forecasts.
- Develops an effective means of communication with departments regarding financial matters and related operational issues with follow through to ensure resolution.
- Assists in the implementation and administration of new financial systems to provide timely, accurate and meaningful information to all areas of the business with flexibility to support a rapid growth company over the long-term.
- Responsible for the coordination of quarterly reviews, interim and year-end audit test work conducted by our internal and external auditors.
- Supervises and develops hourly and professional accounting staff to ensure the efficient and effective management of all accounting functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 7+ years progressive accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong technical skills (GAAP and SEC) preferred
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory and project management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Possess strong skills in: problem solving, financial analysis, PC spreadsheets, communication, organization and leadership
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.