Manager Industrial EngineeringBrand: Distribution Center (DC)
This position is responsible for defining best in class processes and material handling for Chico's multi-distribution network. The Manager, Industrial Engineering will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in workflow processes. They will design, develop and maintain workflow paths to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space. They will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines. They will drive the project management for new projects and process improvements. Engage in regular communications with the planners, allocation, logistics, and operations team to assess operations performance and identification of improvement opportunities. Recommends acquiring the most appropriate equipment to expand or modify operations. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Conducts time studies, performs zero base analysis, rate analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, flow path analysis and supply chain analysis. Develops metrics for business units within Distribution. Identifies Distribution process improvement opportunities through competitive analysis, and critical thinking. Supports and/or leads cross-functional strategic or process improvement projects.
- Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology.
- Develops reports and runs ad hoc queries. Identifies and develops business rules and standard operating procedures to streamline operating processes. Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
- Provides facility and capacity planning analysis for distribution functions.
- Reviews and recommends system/software enhancements.
- Develops metrics and key performance indicators for assigned business units
- Support in approving and organizing all supply and labor; prepare report to keep the track of all labor work.
- Determines and evaluates execution of all projects and administer all methods and procedures as per the required systems and supply standards.
- Provides an effectual interface to all departments; designs all strategies and provides assistance to all key staff.
- Monitors reporting procedures on a daily basis; keep track of regular work activities of each employee and ensure all processes are executed by considering the fiscal budgets; prepare strategic models.
- Leads project management of critical Distribution projects.
- Maintain the Engineered Labor Standards program.
- Performs extensive data analysis and prepares executive presentation to share data and findings, and to report status of findings.
- Gathers company's growth projections and develops high level plans to ensure the most efficient implementation and use of new technology and equipment.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to ascertain the best sequence of operations and work flow.
- Plans the activities and layout of equipment, offices and distribution facilities.
- Interfaces with all management levels to develop, coordinate, direct and plan project initiatives.
- Interfaces with and supports consultants and vendor partners with major initiatives. Also, serves as a liaison with consultants by providing information, support and validation of data, recommendations and assumptions.
- Coordinates with Facilities Manager the work done by outside vendors and reviews engineering changes and layouts.
- Establish and maintain associate bonus program rates and values to ensure cost effectiveness and integrity.
- Support operation with process documentation (including improvement initiatives), KPI failure resolution, account management support.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or related engineering field
- 4-8 years of industrial engineering experience
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, and other methods for maximizing the efficient distribution of goods
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models
- Knowledge of the ways various systems interact and how changes in operations, the environment and other conditions will affect outcomes
- Must have excellent communication skills; including written, oral and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and direct the activities of many
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, expediting and proactive skills
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects, work well with a team, and interact with multiple levels and functions within the Supply Chain organization
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.