Distribution Manager - Mon-Thurs 5pm-330am
Job Ref#: 7720
Brand: Distribution Center (DC)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
2nd Shift: Mon-Thur 5:00p-3:30a
Position requires experience with:
- Automated conveyor system in a high volume distribution setting
- Cross belt and high speed sortation devices - Beumer preferred
- Digital Commerce
- Recommend and monitor operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments and handling and disposition of merchandise.
- Confers with Operations Manager and/or other department heads to ensure coordination of distribution activities with other activities such as production, allocations, inventory, sales and records control.
- Select and determine appropriate staffing to meet production goals.
- Establish performance objectives for supervisors, assign work, monitor workload and appraise performance.
- Coach and develop supervisor with job related skills through work assignment, direct training and regular feedback.
- Assist supervisors with identifying career needs and development by providing guidance and support.
- Examine and make recommendations to continuously improve work processes.
- Support cross-functional work group efforts to improve efficiency of operations.
- Manage expenses within budgetary limits.
- Establish year-round and seasonal staffing and scheduling to efficiently manage fluctuating business volumes.
- Identify training, operational and organizational opportunities to support company goals.
- Ensure department policies, procedures and systems are communicated consistently.
- Communicate and monitor adherence to company policy, programs and procedures.
- Review and update job descriptions.
- Minimize risks of work related injuries and illnesses and associated cost by conducting monthly safety audits and addressing any unsafe conditions.
- Know and follow Chico’s Customs-Trade Partnership against Terrorism (C-TPAT) plan and procedures as they related to the area/scope of responsibility for this position.
- Perform additional job related tasks as requested.
- Action oriented
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Living the Chico’s FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
- Decision quality
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interpersonal savvy
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Situational adaptability
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Technical Skill - DC Inventory/ Operating Systems
System that oversees ongoing accounting of physical inventory in comparison to perpetual inventory.
- Technical Skill - Microsoft Suite
Business applications including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Technical Skill - Project Management
The discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Technical Skill - Reporting and Analytics
Knowledge of the skills, technologies, applications and practices for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past workforce performance to gain insight and drive workforce planning.
Preferred - BA/BS in Business
Preferred - BA/BS in related field
- 5+ years of supervisory experience or 2-5 years of management experience in a distribution environment.
- Excellent communication skills; including written, oral, training and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and direct the activities of many.
- Excellent time management, organizational, planning, expediting and proactive skills.
- Past experience working with a WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) and Microsoft Office applications (EXCEL and WORD). PkMS experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent delegation and follow up and customer service skills.
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.