Manager, Copy White House Black MarketBrand: White House Black Market
This position is responsible for creating the brand voice and supporting the marketing objectives of the brand by writing and following through with creative concepts that elicit an emotional response from our current and future customers. . This role is in integral in developing the seasonal brand campaign for Omni channel platforms.
- Develops concepts that align with brand strategy.
- Creates exciting and unique brand and product stories that resonate with customer.
- Partners with cross functional leaders and teams on concept and design on all consumer touch points.
- Presents creative concepts to cross functional teams to ensure communication of the brand strategy and execution of the concept.
- Manages copy development, including overall organization, flow, direct fact checking, appropriate referencing, fair balance and other regulatory requirements in partnership with Legal.
- Translates marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Partners with Creative leadership to ensure copy and art are aligned to deliver product and brand stories. Proofreads all copy according to the highest grammatical standards.
- Develops and maintains brand style guides.
- Adheres to demands of production schedule. Be aware of release schedule and devote time necessary to meet deadlines.
- Stays current on fashion, style, design, popular culture and social trends in the competitive landscape.
- Manages direct reports and allocates workflow to meet established brand deliverables and deadlines.
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in Journalism, English, Communication, or Liberal Arts
- 7+ years of agency (or in-house agency) editorial or fashion experience preferred
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Portfolio of highly creative work.
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to content management systems.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of digital platforms
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- Experience in working within established budgets and tight deadlines
- An excellent sense of style, design, trend
- Positive team player with ability to collaborate with multi levels
- Attuned to fashion and industry talent
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.