Manager, Copy - White House Black MarketBrand: White House Black Market
The Mgr, Copy will create the brand voice and support the marketing objectives of the Chico's brand by writing and following through with creative concepts that effectively and persuasively communicate the brand strategy. This role is in integral in developing the seasonal brand campaign for branded video, direct mail, retail, DCOM and social channels.
- Develop concepts that align with brand strategy.
- Create exciting and unique brand and product stories that resonate with Chico's customer.
- Partner with Art Directors, Creative Director and cross function teams on concept and design on all consumer touch points.
- Present creative concepts to cross functional teams to ensure communication of the brand strategy and execution of the concept.
- Manage copy development, including overall organization, flow, direct fact checking, appropriate referencing, fair balance and other regulatory requirements in partnership with Legal.
- Develop and maintain brand style guides.
- Demonstrate and understanding of best practices for all digital platforms.
- Manage direct reports and allocate workflow to meet established brand deliverables and deadlines.
- Adhere to demands of production schedule. Be aware of release schedule and devote time necessary to meet deadlines.
- 8 years of agency (or in-house agency) editorial experience, with at least 5 years managing direct reports
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, English, Communication, or Liberal Arts from an accredited institution
- Strong understanding of fashion and trends
- Excellent writing skills with an outstanding portfolio dedicated to concise communication and inspiring creative approaches
- Must be an "idea person" and true problem solver with the ability to lead
- Keen eye for good design
- Must understand the retail environment and have the ability to provide creative solutions Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel to photo shoots
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.