Manager, Consumer InsightsBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Marketing
This position is responsible for helping to guide business decisions, around FAS strategic imperatives in particular, by managing specific research programs as well as supporting a team of other individuals responsible for specific research programs. These programs will incorporate preparing, conducting, analyzing and reporting consumer and customer research insights obtained via our managed panels as well as external vendor partner relationships. This role includes being seen as a resident expert on a wide array of consumer/customer research methodologies, managed panels, and Chico's FAS customer insights programs, as well as having sufficient business knowledge about FAS and retailing in general in order to identify when, where, and how the voice of customer/consumer should be incorporated into the decision making process. This is a "hands on" position that focuses on driving results and impacting and influencing the business, yet also involves bringing subject matter expertise to needed aspects of the research and analytical process.
- Owns the execution and quality of various research programs for two or more of our internal business unit partners.
- Supports and provides management guidance to other team members supporting research programs for other business unit partners, including identifying appropriate research methodologies based on the business issues/needs, and ensuring the highest levels of quality, analysis and insights.
- Builds strong working relationships within broader Analytics, Insights & CRM organization, including developing strong understanding of opportunities to provide integrated, cross AI/CRM solutions to business unit partners.
- Involved in all aspects of the research process, including identifying the research and business objectives, writing surveys, analyzing results and presenting findings to internal business partners. Analyzes and synthesizes learning into actionable conclusions. Effectively communicates results to a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to structure and conduct competitive analyses, marketplace trend analysis, and secondary research analysis, whether conducted internally or through the use of external consultants or associations.
- Develops strong working partnerships across functions within Chico's FAS and with outside vendors.
- Coordinates with all functional areas (marketing, merchandising, allocation, stores, operations, finance) to centralize and gather supporting information for strategic initiatives.
- Ensures cross-functional communication of critical information to all business partners.
- Successfully integrates disparate and sometimes contradictory learnings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or education and equivalent work experience required
- MBA preferred
- 5-7 years primary consumer research, with a mix of client and supplier side preferred.
- Self-managed, self-motivated entrepreneurial individual with strong project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams and all levels of management.
- Skilled in writing surveys and other research instruments, analyzing data and compiling concise summaries. Beneficial if also have experience in integrating primary research insights with secondary, market level insights and/or analytical/CRM insights.
- Proven analytical capabilities, including understanding of basic statistics.
- Experience using SPSS, SAS or similar software for analyses a plus.
- Experience using survey software such Qualtrics or Vision Critical a plus.
- Ability to cultivate productive vendor relationships.
- Comfortable with developing and expressing an informed, individual point-of-view.
- Ability to work effectively within an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to travel (domestically) up to 20% of time.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.