Manager, Brand PlanningBrand: White House Black Market
Category: Brand Planning
The Manager of Brand Planning is primarily responsible for developing strategic merchandise and financial plans that support the financial objectives of the brand.
- Partners with Planning leadership to develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans, with a focus on sales, margin, inventory and operational metrics.
- Manage pre-season planning process for total brand and individual channels, including:
- Long range forecasting of sales and margin
- Mix impact of full price versus markdown sales
- Determine potential drivers of sales performance (e.g. units, AUR, traffic, conversion, etc.)
- Coordination with Merchandise Planning to ensure alignment with targets
- Work with Planning leadership on development of sales, margin and inventory forecasts as they pertain to Corporate long range plan.
- Develop and maintain pre-season financial architecture, including positioning of AUR, AUT, AUC, IMU, inventory turn, etc.
- Prepare and review materials for monthly executive business review. Identify opportunities for additional analyses to address current business issues.
- Prepare and review inventory-based analyses, including period comparisons, impact of AUC, and estimation of shrink impact.
- Develop event and promotions calendar for all channels in the brand.
- Provide governance and oversight of price and product testing.
- Review and approve preparation of weekly and monthly executive reporting and analysis.
- Manage and supervise other special projects as needed.
- Degree in finance, economics, business or statistics required
- 4-6 years in a retail/consumer goods environment, with preference given to those with merchandise planning, finance, or allocation experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; exceptional aptitude with numbers; retail math skills
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
- Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities
- Ideal candidate will have strong PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel; Access a plus
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.