Manager, AllocationBrand: White House Black Market
This position is responsible for managing the merchandise allocation and replenishment for a set of businesses which may include initial purchase order allocation, maintenance of warehouse back stock, consolidating older goods to top sellers and partnering with Merchants and Planners to assure the proper merchandise assortment for stores.
- Set priorities for the allocation team to maximize performance
- Supervise management of purchase orders from initial allocation through end of life cycle of merchandise, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
- Manage overall store inventory levels based on store capacity, seasonality and selling curves.
- Direct systemic changes in JDA Fulfillment to support assortment and service levels.
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that buy quantities and stock levels meet current and future sales trends.
- Manage the basic stock replenishment and never out of stock programs.
- Champion the Key Item program and partner with the Planner to maximize sales and profit.
- Proactively identify and communicate constraints to deliver business goals, short-term and long-term.
- Supervise production of reports, analytics and recommendations to ensure they fit with the business strategy and goals; Present aggregated analysis and performance reports.
- Recommend changes and/or enhancements to the current procedures and systems for the allocation and replenishment functions.
- Recruit, develop and retain high performing, quality team.
- Partner with Store Inventory Planners, Merchandise Planners, DC, and Merchants to drive execution excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, statistics, operations or supply chain
- 7+ years of experience in inventory management; planning or demand forecasting.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills; supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to lead in cross functional complex environment.
- Strong change management skills,
- Experience in high volume, sku intensive, multi-channel business.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving skills -- makes decisions with limited information
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong business agility and multi-tasking skills.
- STS/PKMS and/or SAP experience a plus
- Quarterly market travel may be required
- JDA Demand Fulfillment and/or comparable replenishment system.
- JDA Allocation
- Microsoft Office
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.