Jr Tech, Facilities - FT Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm
Job Ref#: 8489
Brand: Distribution Center (DC)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Jr Tech, Facilities - Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm
This position is responsible for conducting internal/external maintenance, repairs and cleaning of Chico’s facilities including carpentry, painting, plumbing upkeep, HVAC, and grounds keeping.
- Maintains all painted surfaces: cleans, spackles, and repaints offices, hallways etc., inspects, adjusts and repairs multiple building systems; replaces light bulbs
- Maintains storage areas for maintenance supplies.
- Operates and maintains a variety of mechanical tools, equipment and various hand tools required for carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance skills.
- Conducts Inspects of facility to identify building maintenance needs;restocks bottled water stations;polices grounds for trash
- Secures buildings against natural disasters (Hurricanes, Floods) by boarding up buildings, making sandbags and other disaster perpetrations. ,
- Assists with physical moves including furniture, equipment, and the assembly/disassembly of prefabricated furniture when needed
- Maintain upkeep and cleanliness of plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, faucets, dispensers, fountains and pipes requests assistance from Level II technician for any problems beyond area of knowledge or expertise.
- Maintains the electrical/maintenance and pump houses/rooms.
- Conduct monthly PMs on all eye wash stations.
- Assist Sr. Technician with duties learning fire pumps, generators and chillers .
- Utilize CMMS software to document all work.
- General experience in building and grounds maintenance to include: plumbing upkeep, painting etc
- Working knowledge of tools and equipment used in building and custodial maintenance, reconstruction, and repair work
- Ability to perform work requiring considerable and strenuous physical exertion such as frequent climbing of ladders; lifting objects over 50 pounds, crouching or crawling or strenuous physical exertion
- Ability to perform periodic outside-work for extended periods of time, including times of inclement weather
- Good driving record with the ability to drive company truck, van, and golf carts safely
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision while repairing and maintaining location
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Results orientated team player
·Constant Standing - 67%-100% of 8-Hour Shift
·Frequent Bending - 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
·Occasional Pushing/Pulling - 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
·Frequent Lifting up to 50 lbs - 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
·Frequent Climbing - 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
·Occasional Driving - 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
·Constant Handling/Grasping- 67-100% of 8-Hour Shift
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.